• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active [2015] Favorite Pokemon Game Music?

Your favorite gen (for music) overall?

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%

Votes: 2 25.0%

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
K

Krelbit

I saw another thread for this, but it was just over a year old (and dead) so it'd probably be better to just make a new one.

Favorite song? Why? Has it been remade? Did that remake do it any justice?

Example:
I've loved the RSE Verdanturf Town theme for the longest time. It's quaint, gentle, and there's tons of stuff happening in the background while the track plays, so it's lively. While it has been remade, there's something about the older, static-ier sound that really resonates with me.

The ORAS theme kind of did it justice with the extended bass notes and the triangle sounds to lighten the mood, but the piano kind of took away from something for me. The adagio was sort of drawn out and made it a bit darker. The original score had this allegro at the beginning that really made it happy, and while the ORAS theme gets into that mood halfway through, it doesn't start with it. Instead, I get this weird nostalgic sadness.

Both are beautiful in their own way.

RSE
ORAS
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I liek.

Reactions: Rat

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I saw another thread for this, but it was just over a year old (and dead) so it'd probably be better to just make a new one.

Favorite song? Why? Has it been remade? Did that remake do it any justice?

Example:
I've loved the RSE Verdanturf Town theme for the longest time. It's quaint, gentle, and there's tons of stuff happening in the background while the track plays, so it's lively. While it has been remade, there's something about the older, static-ier sound that really resonates with me.

The ORAS theme kind of did it justice with the extended bass notes and the triangle sounds to lighten the mood, but the piano kind of took away from something for me. The adagio was sort of drawn out and made it a bit darker. The original score had this allegro at the beginning that really made it happy, and while the ORAS theme gets into that mood halfway through, it doesn't start with it. Instead, I get this weird nostalgic sadness.

Both are beautiful in their own way.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) I liek.
Sigh WHY DID YOU CHOOSE MY FAVOURITE MUSIC

What's my second...

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7_ZWxCv3E )
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apKlUNcIrIk )

ALL OF THESE

I legitimately love all of these songs. Per Aspera Ad Astra is an amazing piece of music to really get you hyped up for the final fight. Through the Sea of Time's synths just make it such an emotional score, especially at the point in the game (leading into Temporal Tower later on, but you're at the point where you really want to (spoilers) avenge Grovyle and it's so hype)

/me fangirls

Frontier Brain and Game Corner? Bloody brilliant.

I'd talk about each of them in further detail but I'm smashing sorry xD

K

Krelbit

Sigh WHY DID YOU CHOOSE MY FAVOURITE MUSIC

What's my second...

or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BS7_ZWxCv3E )
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=apKlUNcIrIk )

ALL OF THESE

I legitimately love all of these songs. Per Aspera Ad Astra is an amazing piece of music to really get you hyped up for the final fight. Through the Sea of Time's synths just make it such an emotional score, especially at the point in the game (leading into Temporal Tower later on, but you're at the point where you really want to (spoilers) avenge Grovyle and it's so hype)

/me fangirls

Frontier Brain and Game Corner? Bloody brilliant.

I'd talk about each of them in further detail but I'm smashing sorry xD

Moar storis

Strawberries

Captain Mc. Salt'n
Donor
Journalist
Credits
Rer saw this somewhere

My fav is dis :3
I also love all of the sinnoh legends music, and all of the delta episode exclusive music in ORAS

Loli-Shark

Pokémon Champion
Will Not Fall
Credits
The lorekeepers theme, nuff said imo :3

Rat

Youngster Joey
Credits
It's hard to choose between gens 5 and 6, though I chose 6 anyway. Gen 5 has my favorite battle music—the gym leader theme, the rivals (especially Hugh's), and Colress. The gym leader theme bored me in gens 3 and 4, so my first gym fight in Black was most excellent.

While I love the Kalos gym leader theme, I'm more into some of the route and town themes. Like Brun Way, Anistar City, and the Kalos Power Plant.

But they can't measure up to Pokemon Mystery Dungeon's music.

testing