• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

A BW members only tournament? or tourney series?

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hey guys! Ben here, would you guys be interested in holding a BW tournament, or a series of them? Maybe once a month if they're popular. I was thinking of holding tournaments in order to better our skills in a wide variety of Smogon/VGC formats. For example I was thinking of the first one being a doubles tournament, so that we can show off/better our skills in doubles as opposed to singles. I was also thinking there would be a entry fee of, say like 50PC or something like that, nothing too expensive, and the winner of the tourney would win the entire pot (i.e. 50x the # of participents).

These tournaments would be for BW members only, that way there is no pressure or embarrassment if you aren't the strongest battler, it's just practice for the real thing such as team wars, or official PP tourneys, or your own tourneys at home. If we decide to make this a tourney series, we could have each tourney be in a different format, to mix it up a bit. So say the first one would be doubles, the next one could be Smogon UU, then VGC, etc etc.

Reply below if you would be interested in something like this, or if you have ideas on how we should run this. We would need a decent amount of participation in order for this to work so if this seems to have a good amount of interest we can get this going! EDIT: Maybe we can get this prepared to start in February.

Thanks guys!

Ben

Last edited:

Zac1297

Top Dog
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I would be willing to join. I was thinking that we could have a vote to what format we want. If we do more tournament, we can take out the one format that won and vote for a different format.

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I would be willing to join. I was thinking that we could have a vote to what format we want. If we do more tournament, we can take out the one format that won and vote for a different format.

yeah that could be a fun way to run it... like each month we would have 4 different formats up for vote in a Straw Poll and the one with the most votes will be the tourney for that month. The Straw Poll would be like a week before the actual tourney so people have a week to prepare. I can dig it

Lee-chan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
yeah that could be a fun way to run it... like each month we would have 4 different formats up for vote in a Straw Poll and the one with the most votes will be the tourney for that month. The Straw Poll would be like a week before the actual tourney so people have a week to prepare. I can dig it
Your on to something let me know when everything gets finalized even though Im not in that group...Id like to join.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Good in theory. But thats if we could get it set up and people would participate. If you think you could get people into it I would support it. I think a lot less people would want to join for PC. We could just breed like 3 different 6 IV shiny pokemon and make those free prizes with no entry cost as well.

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Good in theory. But thats if we could get it set up and people would participate. If you think you could get people into it I would support it. I think a lot less people would want to join for PC. We could just breed like 3 different 6 IV shiny pokemon and make those free prizes with no entry cost as well.
yeah idk i was just throwin my ideas out there, it doesn't even have to be 50PC, maybe 30 would be better. I feel like people would be more interested for a cash prize than a pokeprize, but that's just me. Probably because people can just make the pokemon we giveaway just as easily as us. *shrugs* Any other opinions? all opinions and ideas are welcome!

Last edited:

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I'd play if it's doubles or OU. Don't have any other stuff to play with, really.
Well, if we do this Straw Poll thing we would have a wide variety of formats to vote on, so if you just vote on the one that you would be able to do then you can't go wrong. Maybe we would also have a fun one thrown in to vote on... like idk a no fully evolved pokemon tourney and things like that just for something really different.

AlawyPokemon

Youngster Joey
Credits
I will surely take a seat in the tournament
as someone mentioned we can make a vote between the members on which sort of battling
I just dont find it necessary to pay PC to volunteer

The Fifth Whisper

Youngster Joey
Credits
I will surely take a seat in the tournament
as someone mentioned we can make a vote between the members on which sort of battling
I just dont find it necessary to pay PC to volunteer

Agreeing with the credits part-- though mostly because I'm lazy and I don't have anything to trade up for cash. The fact that I either need to find fifty posts, beg for donations in the shoutbox, or cough up the money I'm not spending on food to participate in a tournament is kinda annoying.

AlawyPokemon

Youngster Joey
Credits
Yeah, I mean would pay PC to participate, but i just dont find necessary
I would rather spend my PC on building a team for competitive tournament instead of entry fee
the winner prize is sure nice, but it doesn't have to be PC.
afterall we're a team right ? ~ :Cat:

Bendy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
hmm going along with what @AlawyPokemon and @The Fifth Whisper were saying, I just came up with an idea. What if we gave the winner a couple of Pokemon that fit in the format that we are battling in for the tournament? So say we are playing in UU... we would giveaway 2 legit Pokemon sets (and likely unique, bc i like coming up with original ideas) for battling within the UU tier, and things like that.

Last edited:

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
alright, shall i start the thread so we can get it going and see how much interest we have?

lets plan t before we make a thread. Also can you give a vote on my new thread :D?