The Perfect Pokemon App on Android and iOS

Azumarill strategy???

Discussion in 'Pokémon Strategy Guides' started by anthony o., May 7, 2015.

1. anthony o.

anthony o. Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤133
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    Hello people :D
    I was wondering what your guys' favorite strategy for azumarill is. (competitive)
    I was thinking about what to do with an azumarill... i was thinking of adding one on my team! I was thinking along the lines of belly drum, but I don't know what other moves/ EVs/ held items work best for it.
    Any idea is WELCOME!
    But i was thinking along the lines of this:

[​IMG]

Azumarill
    Belly Drum
    Aqua Jet
    Play Rough
    Waterfall / Superpower
    ability: Huge Power
    item: Mystic Water / Lum Berry
    evs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 spe
    nature: Adamant

what do you think?

Last edited: May 7, 2015
  2. PokemonFan

PokemonFan Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤0
    Rating:
    100%
    10   0   0
    If you go with Belly Drum consider using the EV Spread 92hp/252atk/164 spd while holding a Sitrus Berry instead.
    I think the Assault Vest work better considering it support team, as opposite to require a lot of team support like BR set

Last edited: May 8, 2015
  3. DannySteeden

DannySteeden Pokémon Champion

Credit:
    ¤94
    0   0   0
    Sitrus berry on belly drum sets

4. anthony o.

anthony o. Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤133
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    OK so sitrus berry instead. As for the EVs wouldn't you want to invest in HP?

thanks

5. DannySteeden

DannySteeden Pokémon Champion

Credit:
    ¤94
    0   0   0
    I can't remember exactly but I think you want to make sure you have an odd number of actual HP as well

anthony o. likes this.
  6. PokemonFan

PokemonFan Pokémon Trainer

Credit:
    ¤0
    Rating:
    100%
    10   0   0
    92 hp ev make the sitrus berry active right after belly drum. The speed iv help outspeed base 70 spd uninvest pokes
    This is wrong. For belly drum set you need max hp is an even, not odd number. For example, if playing in Battle Spot where lv is set to 50, you may want to using up to 84 hp ev instead

Last edited: May 8, 2015
    anthony o. likes this.
  7. Matt_192

Matt_192 Official Server Crasher Staff Member Admin Will Not Fall Journalist Friendzilla Donor Dex Contributor Iron Will

Azumarill @ Choice Band
    Ability: Huge Power
    EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
    Adamant Nature
    - Play Rough
    - Waterfall
    - Aqua Jet
    - Superpower

Here's an alternate set if you want power straight away with no setup. This outspeeds uninvested base 60s like Clefable and Sylveon (81.3% chance to OHKO spdef Sylveon with a guaranteed 2HKO on Physdef, and 25% chance to OHKO spdef Clefable with a guaranteed 2HKO on Physdef).

Superpower is mainly there for steel types like Ferrothorn, not to mention lead Tyranitars which get OHKO'ed. Water STAB and water priority mean that Azumarill becomes a pretty great revenge killer, but also a damn good scout and cleaner.

Sewage likes this.