• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Banners for Tier Leaders!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
It's not that we do more work, it's so that people know we know about that specific tier. At this point the council has evolved into us discussing moving X Pokemon to X tier. Often we'll consult the tier leader of both tiers in question and get their input before we even consider a vote...and honestly their opinions hold quite a bit of weight in the voting process.

I'd actually really like to see a combination of ideas and have leader banners for the leaders and then council ones for the others. That way people can know that they can ask us any question, but the leaders have expertise in that tier. I'd honestly rather have people know which tier to ask me about, rather than just letting them know I'm on the council (since all council members have at least a vague knowledge of each tier, but the leaders have specific knowledge of their tiers and therefore are likely the best person to ask).
I still don't think we need 9 different banners. If you had threads to go along with the banners you could redirect people to the thread about the tier they're interested in, inside that thread would be everyone who is involved in that tier tagged and they could pick someone to talk with.

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
It's not that we do more work, it's so that people know we know about that specific tier. At this point the council has evolved into us discussing moving X Pokemon to X tier. Often we'll consult the tier leader of both tiers in question and get their input before we even consider a vote...and honestly their opinions hold quite a bit of weight in the voting process.

I'd actually really like to see a combination of ideas and have leader banners for the leaders and then council ones for the others. That way people can know that they can ask us any question, but the leaders have expertise in that tier. I'd honestly rather have people know which tier to ask me about, rather than just letting them know I'm on the council (since all council members have at least a vague knowledge of each tier, but the leaders have specific knowledge of their tiers and therefore are likely the best person to ask).
That just seems so specific that I don't think people would actually pay attention. :( There are times I'm messaging people in conversations about warnings they've received and they ask if I'm a moderator or where they can find one when I have a mod banner right on my profile... Unfortunately THESE are the people that would need help or advice or NEED to find you guys.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
In short:

1. have the tier leaders create a thread with information about the tier, what the council does, frequently asked questions or example questions and all people who can answer questions in that tier tagged on main post

you could even do this now if you wanted, no need to wait for banners to get started

2. I'll sticky the threads in the competitive battling section so they're easy to find and people can be redirected to those who can help them with their questions

3. If banners are created only create one banner that would be given to all council members, make people interested in joining the council and make the council official

@Matt_192 if you're going to be talking with @doulie or @KitaVonKanada would you be able to bring this idea up as well as your main idea? :)

I would like to see you guys become more known on the site for all the work you do behind the scenes. <3