• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

BattleSpot Battling - VGC '14

Yung

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've recently been getting heavily into BattleSpot Battling - VGC '14.
I've been using my Battle Maison team to a decent amount of success.

Kangaskhan - Holding Kangaskhanite
Sucker Punch
Powerup Punch
Dizzy Punch
Earthquake

Gyarados - Holding Leftovers
Intimidate
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Waterfall
Bounce

Dragonite - Holding Weakness Policy
Multiscale
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Extreme Speed
Fire Punch

Cloyster - Holding King's Rock
Skill-Link
Shell Smash
Icicle Spear
Rock Blast
Ice Shard

Just sticking to doubles so far, i was wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me for improvement.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
How does Dizzy Punch work for you? Better than Return?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Honestly it worked far better than I thought it would when I got the Kanga. It offers that neutral coverage that I lacked before.

But Return is stronger and even Facade has a niche, dizzy punch seems like more of a high risk low payout low damage move to me

Yung

Youngster Joey
Credits
But Return is stronger and even Facade has a niche, dizzy punch seems like more of a high risk low payout low damage move to me

The confusion happens at a decently high frequency due to the 40% chance. Makes up for the lack in power in most cases.

I've considered Crunch for the 40% chance to drop Defense but with Powerup Punch it isn't really needed and I've already got Sucker Punch for Dark coverage. I did have Body Slam for a while but I found that being Paralyzed was less effective than Confusion. Mainly since Confusion will stop the attack + do damage. Though the paralyze chance is higher, being 60%.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
The confusion happens at a decently high frequency due to the 40% chance. Makes up for the lack in power in most cases.

I've considered Crunch for the 40% chance to drop Defense but with Powerup Punch it isn't really needed and I've already got Sucker Punch for Dark coverage. I did have Body Slam for a while but I found that being Paralyzed was less effective than Confusion. Mainly since Confusion will stop the attack + do damage. Though the paralyze chance is higher, being 60%.
Headbutt would be a nice move to use as well 60% chance of flinch

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I actually went to VGC using Double-Edge Kanga. Since some mons are EVed to live a Return, Double-Edge gives you that boosted power to get KOs

Yung

Youngster Joey
Credits
I actually went to VGC using Double-Edge Kanga. Since some mons are EVed to live a Return, Double-Edge gives you that boosted power to get KOs

I honestly never even considered Double-Edge. I'll play around with it on PS and see if I like it.

testing