• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Blue Pentagon

Matteo

Youngster Joey
Credits
I have some pokemon that have the Blue Pentagon next to their markings, but some don't have it. I know that some official tournaments don't allow pokemon without the blue pentagon to participate, but can someone explain what exactly it is and how it works?

Matteo

Youngster Joey
Credits
Oh and is there a way to put the blue pentagon on a pokemon that doesn't have it?

AndromedaNexus

Lorekeeper
Donor
Credits
The Blue Pentagon just means it was obtained in generation 6, it also serves as a hack checker, as most hacked mons are from gen 5 and below.

Matteo

Youngster Joey
Credits
Oh thanks for the quick responses. Is there a way to manipulate the pokemon to give it the Blue Pentagon or is this an unchangeable feature?

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
You can gen pokemon to have it. Or catch it thats it in that region. That is it. No powersaves codes.

Fennekin

I like Turtles
Trusted Seller
Credits
You can gen pokemon to have it. Or catch it thats it in that region. That is it. No powersaves codes.
Tbh, some pokemons like Mew for an example is impossible to have the blue pentagon.
But the pokemon he wanted. Yeah it can be.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Tbh, some pokemons like Mew for an example is impossible to have the blue pentagon.
But the pokemon he wanted. Yeah it can be.

you can hav a pentagon on mew. just wont work wifi