• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Breeding advice

ECHO413

Youngster Joey
Credits
Getting ready to go on deployment for the navy, could use any advice for breeding my own pokemon to pass time.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Just watch this video and you should know how to do all the big things which are why most people breed for anyway:

RedQueenIzanami

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Destiny knots are your best friend if you're competitive breeding.(it passes down up to 5IVs, so if you have a 6IV Pokemon holding it, 5IVs are guaranteed right off the bat) if you're breeding for shinies, foreign dittos are your best friend. (It's known as Masuda method-ing, I added the ing because I'm too lazy to go back through and a a the >w>; anywho, Masuda method is a little bit of coding in the game that makes shinies more likely to be bred if you have a foreign Pokemon breeding with your own :3) oh, if you're looking for Pokemon with good stats to breed, try dexnaving for certain ones, if you see 3 lit up stars next to the potential, you want to snag that Pokemon , because the stars equate to perfect IVS, sometimes though, if you see the 3 stars, it might be more than 3IVs! Oh, another cool thing about the dexnav is that it shows you if whatever Pokemon you're hunting for has egg moves (marked by an exclamation point in the lower right next to "first move") and hidden abilities ("!" Next to ability) . If you want a detailed list on egg moves and which Pokemon you can and can't teach them to, just check serebii! :3 and lastly, if you're breeding 2 different specied Pokemon (like eevee and fennekin for example) it's important to keep in mind that the egg you'll get will always be the same species as the female, and will always keep the females ball unless it's a masterball! I think that covers everything, so happy breeding, and good luck in the navy! : O

Last edited:

ECHO413

Youngster Joey
Credits
Sorry for the delayed response had to go back out to sea for some drills. Just wanted to thank yall for the info! Does shiny charm help with breeding?

testing