• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Breeding Troubles

Arca9

Youngster Joey
Credits
So im currently trying to get a Mudkip with 6IV's, so far i have 3 mudkips with 5 IV's. I am breeding a 6 IV Ditto holding a destiny knot with a 5 IV Mudkip but so far the best i am getting is a 5 IV Mudkip. Anyone got any advice on how to get that last perfect IV?

PC Principal

Pokémon Trainer
Will Not Fall
Battler
Credits
arca sorry i said i would help you out earlier but i had to leave

There is no way to guarantee the sixth iv. The best option you have is to breed the 6iv ditto with a 5iv mudkip and you have to get lucky with it, only 5 ivs are passed down from the parents

Btw i spent days trying to get a 6iv mudkip once, mustve bred like 3 boxes and just 5iv ones :(
Struggles of breeding lol

Zalthas

Youngster Joey
Credits
Destiny Knot allows you to pass 5 IV's from parents, so the "worst" mudkip you could get is a 4 IV's one, assuming the offspring gets 5 perfect IV's from it's parents you have a 1/31 chance of the last IV being perfect, so there's nothing more than breeding a lot until you get one.

Kitgurl66

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Cheers guys, im gonna keep trying today to get one :Wink:
Good luck with that, and if I had to say anything else it would be to try wishing really hard for that final stat.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
It is just simple luck:).
The probability goes as follows
Case1:
The mudkip's non-perfect iv is randomly generated and is 31=1/6×1/32(ivs can be 0-31)
Case2:
One of mudkip's perfect ivs is generated=5/6×1/32×1/2

Total probability=7/384=1/55(approx)

testing