• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Bring Prices Up!

Hopsin

Pokémon Trainer
Team Elite
Credits
I have supported and excersied this since day 1 I joined. The only problem is what can be done? Because those who sell cheapest are the ones who will keep selling cheap as we raise our prices just because they will sell more due to the big price range on ours and theirs. And they will always keep their prices cheaper than us always

matsumouri

RNG Master
Credits
The most you can really do is inform them that their cheap prices will not only anger those that have been undercut. Most of the time that works.

Boycotting works too.

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
The undercutting has gotten seriously ridiculous.

When I'm selling my shiny, battle ready, 6 IV Kalos Born Pokemon for 150 PC and someone undercuts me a few times by selling for 130-140 PC, cool. That's no big deal.

When I'm selling my 5 IV, shiny, battle ready, perfect Talonflame with a competitive moveset for 150 PC and see another exactly the same for 30 PC, something is wrong.

Are you guys really that desperate for PC?

10 of your sales add up to 2 of my sales. It doesn't make any sense.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

When I'm selling my shiny, battle ready, 6 IV Kalos Born Pokemon for 150 PC and someone undercuts me a few times by selling for 130-140 PC, cool. That's no big deal.

When I'm selling my 5 IV, shiny, battle ready, perfect Talonflame with a competitive moveset for 150 PC and see another exactly the same for 30 PC, something is wrong.

a ton of people doing the undercutting probably won't even see that post, they're usually new or join just to run a shop and watch that thread, it's a shame

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

a ton of people doing the undercutting probably won't even see that post, they're usually new or join just to run a shop and watch that thread, it's a shame
Idea, link all them new kiddies here to that post! Maybe if they see they can make more monies they will raise prices, if not that's their loss and at least we tried :)

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Honestly, I'm just trying to increase the number of rare pokes I have by selling the rare pokes I already obtained, so as long as the prices aren't so high that I will never be able to sell what I have, I could care less about the prices themselves. Sure, a little extra cash would be nice too, but let's not be hasty and jack up the prices unless we know it would be a stable market still.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Honestly, I'm just trying to increase the number of rare pokes I have by selling the rare pokes I already obtained, so as long as the prices aren't so high that I will never be able to sell what I have, I could care less about the prices themselves. Sure, a little extra cash would be nice too, but let's not be hasty and jack up the prices unless we know it would be a stable market still.
The preferred price increase people seem to be aggreeing on is 100-150pc for a pokegen Pokemon, and 200-300pc for a kalos bred one.

Nothing too crazy but it makes a nice difference, and when you buy in bulk you get good deals :)

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits

Long before a lot of members were here, trophy shiny Pokemon ran for 2,000 PC or more. Check out some of the old threads.

There were still buyers out there. Now those prices are insane, but I'm just saying. The prices should be in the hundreds, not near single digits.

I don't understand why people think they must sell for dirt cheap to make anything. You can sell for the commercial price and not only get customers, but profit even more.

I've seen brand spanking new members join and sell event Pokemon like hot cakes for 450 PC or more. This was just a few weeks ago too.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
The preferred price increase people seem to be aggreeing on is 100-150pc for a pokegen Pokemon, and 200-300pc for a kalos bred one.

Nothing too crazy but it makes a nice difference, and when you buy in bulk you get good deals :)
That doesn't sound too bad honestly. I will try to keep my prices around that level. What should gen 5 tutor move pokemon sell for? Just so that I know for the sylveon I bred.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
That doesn't sound too bad honestly. I will try to keep my prices around that level. What should gen 5 tutor move pokemon sell for? Just so that I know for the sylveon I bred.
I think that would be the same category as pokegend, transferred over Pokemon 100-150 :D

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Is there any way to enforce this? I feel like I need a better reputation to sell this high when others are selling all sorts KB pokes for 70 or so.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Is there any way to enforce this? I feel like I need a better reputation to sell this high when others are selling all sorts KB pokes for 70 or so.

Not a good one, the most involved the staff would get ideally would be setting a minimum which is currently 20 but, when the minimum was implemented it was very needed where now it isn't as dire, we don't want staff completely controlling the economy the best way is to just sway new shop owners IMO.

The other part of your statement about reputation will always be true, reputable sellers will tend to be able to not make sales at rock bottom prices but reputation is something anyone can get if they work hard enough, this reputation thing can't be changed even if the prices do change

Dean-VMNTX

Youngster Joey
Credits
tbh, I just joined the site, so I might be wrong, but under 100PC for any KB with 5+ IV in the right stats isnt much :/ I have no idea what the range is, but imo it can be easily 100PC for a perfect mon, and depending on the amount of chain breeds even more, I've seen pokes go for $5 on ebay so why cant they go for $1-$3 on here? :/

I was selling legends on ebay about $1 per pokemon and $2 if they were shiny, but when I would sell groups like a Regi pack for all 4, I sold them for $5. I joined here after they took down my listings and I put them up here for 50pc non-shiny, and 100pc shiny which is roughly under a dollar per legend. I don't have a problem raising the prices I'm just trying to earn a good rep first.

Last edited:

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I was selling legends on ebay about $1 per pokemon and $2 if they were shiny, but when I would sell groups like a Regi pack for all 4, I sold them for $5. I joined here after they took down my listings and I put them up here for 50pc non-shiny, and 100pc shiny which is roughly under a dollar per legend.

It's way under $1 mate. 100 PC is $0.66 after you exchange it back and 50 PC is $0.33.

The prices are ridiculously low. It's hard to get the good merchants and their revenue to stay when they can make so much more else where.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I was selling legends on ebay about $1 per pokemon and $2 if they were shiny, but when I would sell groups like a Regi pack for all 4, I sold them for $5. I joined here after they took down my listings and I put them up here for 50pc non-shiny, and 100pc shiny which is roughly under a dollar per legend. I don't have a problem raising the prices I'm just trying to earn a good rep first.

The difference is one of those is legal lol

Dean-VMNTX

Youngster Joey
Credits
The difference is one of those is legal lol
I don't know, eBay wasn't complaining while I was earning them money, another pokemon seller probably was though.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
It's way under $1 mate. 100 PC is $0.66 after you exchange it back and 50 PC is $0.33.

The prices are ridiculously low. It's hard to get the good merchants and their revenue to stay when they can make so much more else where.
Proxy. 50 PC = $0.50

But, when you want to WITHDRAWL, you only get 2/3 of the worth. If doulie was giving all the worth, he would lose money, and te site would be ineffective. I would just like you to know that the PC was set up that way, so that worth is easily represented. It's hard to have a system where 1200 PC = $8, because it's not easy to get real worth. I know it is small and nitpicky, but I just thought that your way of price reflection is incorrect :)

Unproxied

Tier 1
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
I said after you exchange it back, I wasn't incorrect. It meant after you cash out.

100 PC divided by 1200 PC multiplied by $8. It's 66 cents.

Yamatori

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
hello people! i am sorry but i cant read the whole thread! so if anyone can inform me on the latest news about the prices it would be great! i am about to open my shop again the following days so i want to know about the prices updates! thanks in advace!

testing