• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Bring Prices Up!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
hello people! i am sorry but i cant read the whole thread! so if anyone can inform me on the latest news about the prices it would be great! i am about to open my shop again the following days so i want to know about the prices updates! thanks in advace!
So far the thread is a lot if descusion on how to get this to work better, a few people have raised prices (including myself and things have been great) but when it comes to new users reputation becomes and issue.

Have it figure out a way to build reputation so newer people can feel like they can charge more and make a good profit :)

Evilkid

Youngster Joey
Credits
I agree that the prices i see now are rather low for such tedious work , and its way cheaper than MMORPG items too which could also take hours ( and luck ) to obtain . By having the prices regulated in some way , maybe we'd have a more 'fair' trade . IMO having the least PC transfer raised from 20 to something higher might help .

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
To be honest. If it was 500 pc a pokemon the opportunity costs it takes me in time to do the service I am still losing money compared to what I would make in the time I would be working at a job. With that being said, most of my time spent here is at my job or at home when I am not busy and am volunteering time regardless. Usually when I charge a price its because I am feeling lazy and they are disrupting me from my laziness :p. If I am bored and not busy I usually do it for free. I think the prices are too high as is. 150-200 to clone a perfect kalos which takes a click of the button from PS is too much in my opinion. All my friends on here get what they want free eventually.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Maybe a way to cut down on feeling cheated from low prices could be to only trade when you need something else. I have done that before. Like I needed a timid ditto yesterday to breed a mantric and I just told someone I would breed them a 6iv manetric as well in exchange to borrow it. No PC exchange and we both got what we needed.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
To be honest. If it was 500 pc a pokemon the opportunity costs it takes me in time to do the service I am still losing money compared to what I would make in the time I would be working at a job. With that being said, most of my time spent here is at my job or at home when I am not busy and am volunteering time regardless. Usually when I charge a price its because I am feeling lazy and they are disrupting me from my laziness :p. If I am bored and not busy I usually do it for free. I think the prices are too high as is. 150-200 to clone a perfect kalos which takes a click of the button from PS is too much in my opinion. All my friends on here get what they want free eventually.

Just my two cents.

Edit: Maybe a way to cut down on feeling cheated from low prices could be to only trade when you need something else. I have done that before. Like I needed a timid ditto yesterday to breed a mantric and I just told someone I would breed them a 6iv manetric as well in exchange to borrow it. No PC exchange and we both got what we needed.

Not everyone here uses a power save and not everyone here wants to give their stuff away for free, the reason people sell here is for some extra cash on the side of their jobs, or for younger people and students without jobs just some cash in general.

A lot of the sellers here are not interested in trading and simply want pc (extra cash) to buy real world things. If everyone wanted trades there wouldn't be many sellers or a need for a new average selling price increase.

just keep prices between 20 PC and up

20 pc is equal to 13 cents once cashed out. That's nothing and these type of prices are ruining the economy.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
What really annoyed me earlier is when I found a sale of a KB BR Hydreigon going for just 25PC. Seriously, this needs to be changed, and we should probably raise the 20PC minimum transfer to help.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
What really annoyed me earlier is when I found a sale of a KB BR Hydreigon going for just 25PC. Seriously, this needs to be changed, and we should probably raise the 20PC minimum transfer to help.
Exactly! I have seen similar prices for KB Pokemon in the last few days and it's just ridiculous and saddening to see! :(

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Exactly! I have seen similar prices for KB Pokemon in the last few days and it's just ridiculous and saddening to see! :(
Yeah :/ What annoys me most about it's themselves and the site they're damaging the most. Themselves because they get a terribly bad deal out of it and the site because of it's economy :(

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Yeah :/ What annoys me most about it's themselves and the site they're damaging the most. Themselves because they get a terribly bad deal out of it and the site because of it's economy :(
Yeah, there's not really much we can do about it for now until the admins raise the minimum but we can at least tell them that their price is low and that they should raise it so that they can get paid the PC that their Pokémon are worth, hopefully we can get some people to raise their prices that way.

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Either way, selling low, selling at new prices, everyone would theoretically benefit - specially those with a reputation already established.

Unless Doulie decides to also raise the exchange rate for PC to PayPal credit anytime soon, raising prices in general will give those already with an established shop a tremendous amount of power and more momentum in the shorter and longer run since they've been around for a bit longer than others.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Either way, selling low, selling at new prices, everyone would theoretically benefit - specially those with a reputation already established.

Unless Doulie decides to also raise the exchange rate for PC to PayPal credit anytime soon, raising prices in general will give those already with an established shop a tremendous amount of power and more momentum in the shorter and longer run since they've been around for a bit longer than others.
just raise the minimum to at least 60 PC, so we can see what results that will get the PerfectPokemon Community.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Hey Cheza, I was thinking, wouldn't it be a good idea to add a poll to this thread? That way we can get a better idea at how many people want to raise prices and how many don't, and if we get enough votes for raising the prices, it might influence the other admins to want to increase the minimum amount of PC that you're allowed to transfer.

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Hey Cheza, I was thinking, wouldn't it be a good idea to add a poll to this thread? That way we can get a better idea at how many people want to raise prices and how many don't, and if we get enough votes for raising the prices, it might influence the other admins to want to increase the minimum amount of PC that you're allowed to transfer.
I agree with that McCloud. It will show how many people would want to raise the prices up

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

I agree with that McCloud. It will show how many people would want to raise the prices up

A vote has been opened up in Rules and Suggestions HERE :)

This thread has been added to the main post for others to vote also, Alerting all the people!

@Matt_192, @Miles8089, @Jiggly, @matsumouri, @pplzdude, @Yungfaux, @McCloud, @MaliciousMango, @Meruem, @FonZ, @Vyft, @Gold 2.0, @Unproxied, @Yamatori, @Dom, @polichombr, @Mcfedi, @DestinedShadows, @Senpai, @Charizard101, @PunSniperSylveon, @MegaUmbreon, @cool1sasuke, @steelers52, @EliteFourCronos, @endykholi, @Chaos, @Eclipzer, @selimpride, @BlackManMcSwaggin, @Lonewolf676, @LoopInEXUS, @Tunuko, @rwilliams20, @Rice, @Aiden, @jakegow1

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I think this is a very interesting conversation. Other than raising the minimum selling price, there is no way to forcefully raise prices, and although I fully understand the points you've raised @Cheza, I also think @MaliciousMango, and the others who think like him are raising some interesting points aswell.

The problem of being properly compensated for your labor is common in every field of service, sellers want to be paid more and consumers want to pay less. Think about how much effort goes into making a shirt. I can create a list that is far longer and more tedious than creating a perfect pokemon. Yet you can buy some shirts for $5 and others for well over $100... Another example is handbags. Some women (and men) pay hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars for a handbag and in most cases you can find the same bag, made of the same materials for a fraction of the price.

The point I am trying to make is that as a seller, you must realize that when people buy, they are usually willing to pay for more than the product. Sometimes they will gladly offer more for speed, accuracy, a smile. In an open market you will always have to deal with under cutters. Setting your price, sticking to it, and giving your customers an extra reason to buy from you is the only way to succeed in getting what you feel like you deserve.

To put it bluntly, the bigger the transactions on the website, the more profit it yeilds, and the closer I am to quiting my job and managing this place 24/7. So I have a very real intrest in seeing sellers get what they feel like they deserve. But its up to the sellers to make that happen.We are far away from seeing the minimum selling price go up, if ever.

Last edited:

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I think this is a very interesting conversation. Other than raising the minimum selling price, there is no way to forcefully raise prices, and although I fully understand the points you've raised @Cheza, I also think @MaliciousMango, and the others who think like him are raising some interesting points aswell.

The problem of being properly compensated for your labor is common in every field of service, sellers want to pay more and most consumers want to pay less. Think about how much effort goes into making a shirt. I can create a list that is far longer and more tedious than creating a perfect pokemon. Yet you can buy some shirts for $5 and others for well over $100... Another example is handbags. Some women (and men) pay hundreds, sometimes thousands of dollars for a handbag and in most cases you can find the same bag, made of the same materials for a fraction of the price.

The point I am trying to make is that as a seller, you must realize that when people buy, they are usually willing to pay for more than the product. Sometimes they will gladly offer more for speed, accuracy, a smile. In an open market you will always have to deal with under cutters. Setting your price, sticking to it, and giving your customers an extra reason to buy from you is the only way to succeed in getting what you feel like you deserve.

To put it bluntly, the bigger the transactions on the website, the more profit it yeilds, and the closer I am to quiting my job and managing this place 24/7. So I have a very real intrest in seeing sellers get what they feel like they deserve. But its up to the sellers to make that happen.We are far away from seeing the minimum selling price go up, if ever.
haha thank you doulie, everyone's views here have been great and raise very good points. Even those who are not for the price raise but have contributed to sharing their views have brought to the table things that others forgot or wouldn't have thought about.

As you said though I can't think of a way that this could really be put into action other then just raising awareness to people and letting them know that they could be charging more. :(

Out of this whole conversation though one suggestion did kinda stick with me, an added rule about the minimum transaction. Some think of rule that would help with extreme bundles where people sell 20 Pokemon for 20 pc? Maybe?

Christa

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm kinda new here but that sounds like a great idea! I was just browsing around other people's shops just to get an idea of the general price things are sold at and everything I saw seemed pretty reasonable, for buyers and sellers alike, but I'd probably have a heart attack if I saw a "20 for 20" thing going around

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

testing