• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Building A Team

Pichu

Youngster Joey
Credits
K good ideas and noted, so for dark types to go with this team a gliscor or bisharp? Any other recommendations?

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Edited, you are confusing me now lol

This is what I was referencing that you said:
"Blissey already boasts a ton of support and it's possible to get wish on it already if you look around and heal bell is an egg move. So having a another specially defensive poke (even if it is bold) might be abit to much for a balanced or hyper offensive team imo."

I was trying to say that Gliscor is Physically defensive, and Blissey is specially defensive.

Yeah, thats what I was trying to get across as well lol (sos for the misunderstanding).
@Matt_192 - yes Assult vest Blissey is a thing. Yes it is rare, but yes it IS a threat in the right situation and right team. I've both used and had opponents use it against me effectively. :)

Migihigi

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I personally would go with gliscor. You can run him defensively or offensively.

Pichu

Youngster Joey
Credits
The way I look at it I have a spec attacker (Latios) Phys attacker (Scizor) and one defensive, should I make gliscor be defensive as well, putting evs in spdef and hp and using the ability poison heal with toxic orb while running taunt/roost, earthquake, knock off, and toxic?

Pichu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Or would running a greninja be a good move?

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
have a syvleon. Most people don't use fairy types that much

Pichu

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm going to :p it'll be fun to have something for them dragons

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Yeah, thats what I was trying to get across as well lol (sos for the misunderstanding).
@Matt_192 - yes Assult vest Blissey is a thing. Yes it is rare, but yes it IS a threat in the right situation and right team. I've both used and had opponents use it against me effectively. :)
lol AV Blissey is not a thing as it has literally zero offensive presence. It downright sucks. AV is NOT a defensive item .-.

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
lol AV Blissey is not a thing as it has literally zero offensive presence. It downright sucks. AV is NOT a defensive item .-.

AV + charge beam + all of opponents physically offensive pokemon removed + Blissey's fantastic special move pool and surprisingly usable 75 base special attack = Sweep.

But it's cool if you've never fought against one before (kinda surprising), but I totally understand if you think it's impossible to run. Like I said, it's highly situational. :)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
AV + charge beam + all of opponents physically offensive pokemon removed + Blissey's fantastic special move pool and surprisingly usable 75 base special attack = Sweep.

But it's cool if you've never fought against one before (kinda surprising), but I totally understand if you think it's impossible to run. Like I said, it's highly situational. :)
lol how are you surprised? the set is so bad that it isn't even good on the lower ladder. it is severely situational and it is shockingly weak if it is not at +4 or more. and the boost isn't even guaranteed, making it even worse. 75 is a horrible offensive stat in upper tiers. you may as well give it Lefties as it is bulky enough as it is. Blissey is so slow and really needs to have recovery. furthermore, it has a terrible base defense stat, making it even worse.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
lol how are you surprised? the set is so bad that it isn't even good on the lower ladder. it is severely situational and it is shockingly weak if it is not at +4 or more. and the boost isn't even guaranteed, making it even worse. 75 is a horrible offensive stat in upper tiers. you may as well give it Lefties as it is bulky enough as it is. Blissey is so slow and really needs to have recovery. furthermore, it has a terrible base defense stat, making it even worse.
All of this lol

Bubblrgum Goodra

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

Oh, are we only talking about Smogon OU here? Either way, I was just putting it out their - I'm not forcing you to buy the strategy or anything, if you disagree I'm totally cool with that. Either way I think we've slightly taken this thread of topic. @Pichu I hope you find a good team to use :)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Oh, are we only talking about Smogon OU here? Either way, I was just putting it out their - I'm not forcing you to buy the strategy or anything, if you disagree I'm totally cool with that. Either way I think we've slightly taken this thread of topic. @Pichu I hope you find a good team to use :)
AV Blissey sucks in ANY OU - regardless of Smogon or not. But yea. it is going a little off-topic, so we'll stop now. Good luck finishing the team @Pichu :p

Pichu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thank everyone for the help but now i'm trying to decide what fire type I could use for this team and should I add ice type and what kind of dark type would be good, gliscor looks good (as noted by a previous comment)

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
You've posted the same comment twice on separate occasions and neither of them contribute to the thread.

Please do not spam.
sorry lol just need to build a team and then test it out