• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Can I transfer Vs recorder videos to my computer ?

Can I transfer Vs recorder videos to my computer ?

By doulie
Published 
Short Answer: No

Long answer: Put simply, the VS recorder does not record videos. It records the game programming that took place during a battle. When you watch a saved recording, you do not load a video file - no such video file exists. Instead, your 3DS is loading the programming that took place during the battle. The game pretty much reenacts the battle as it happened. You are not watching a video(technically), you are watching the computer battle itself in a way identical to the battle you recorded. When you record something with the VS recorder, you don't save a video, you save a text file.

Last edited:

x0rqasmatr0n

Bad Blood
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
well that sucks. i was actually wondering this question yesterday, thank you.
#longLiveXIT

Rommulox

Pokémon Master
Team Elite
Trusted Seller
Credits
They had something similar happen with super smash brothers brawl. You were able to save replays on them, but you couldn't do anything with them as they were only instructions to your game that react the battle. You couldn't transfer the files to your computer and turn them into a video. Same exact thing really. :D

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
They had something similar happen with super smash brothers brawl. You were able to save replays on them, but you couldn't do anything with them as they were only instructions to your game that react the battle. You couldn't transfer the files to your computer and turn them into a video. Same exact thing really. :D
Ya, I tried that when I was 11, it made me really mad...

Stellar

Mr. Steal Your Girl
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
good to know about this. someone ask me about this today

testing