• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Can someone help me with a team!

SHiiVeRRR

Youngster Joey
Credits
im completely new to the competitive side of Pokemon. I have been watching wifi battles and it made me want to get into it. In my team I would like to use mega ampharados and chenaught! Can someone please help me out trying to create one? I just got AS and need Pokemon to complete my team. Thanks !

Skyozuro

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well @SHiiVeRRR , ampharos' build should look a lot like this:

Modest
Ev either Max Special Attack + Speed + 4 in any res or hp or you can go bulkier a bit and go
  • 132 HP
  • 252 SpAtk
  • 124 Speed
Ampharosite
Moves: Thunderbolt, voltswitch, dragon pulse, focus blast
Took that set from Smogon dex.
I like smogon to get a good idea and feel for a pokemon's core and abilities. After i make my own mind to get a set working with the rest of my team. Which is why you could go with a tankier ampharos and get rest+sleeptalk or something.

As for chesnaught, you gotta use its bulk for it to be effective in UU (which is the tier i think you're gong for since both your prefered picks are). So get leftovers on that tank and use that spiky shield atttack every other turn you need hp ;) You could also use it as a entry hazard/Damage over time kinda guy. The bulky guy has access to leech seed and spikes + spiky shield + one offensive move of your choice between wood hammer and drain punch to get a good set.
Also, try to get its hidden ability Bulletproof to protect you from a few moves VS overgrow which is useless on him if you dont run woodhammer anyway, and besides that guy's job is to not get low.

For good support, bulky water types are always great.
I propose either empoleon or tentacruel. Empoleon can add to your entry hazard with stealth rocks but tentacruel gives you access to a rapid spinner to get off those on your side of the field. Both can check fairy types pretty well (due to steel/poison typing) and both can be huge pain to kill due to their said typing and bulkiness. If you want even more support, theres the vaporeon with wish+protect that can be really good to heal your Ampharos in case of tough times.

Next id say you need a physical sweeper and/or revenge killer. A fast pokemon that can hit a lot of things pretty hard in hopes of not taking any hits cause they can't take any.

Risky one is unburden, sitrus berry belly drumming slurpuff. but thats more of a late game sweeper. Dont recommand it in many teams. Just a little shout out to the cupcake-mon.

Haxorus can be a great physical sweeper. Has access to a really huge movepool (poison jab, dragon claw/outrage, EQ, stone edge i think as well,etc.). You can either choice band it or life orb it and get great results i think.

Revenge killer has to be fast and hit really hard. I might be one of the few that feel like this is a job for Noivern. The Dragon/bat thing has access to infiltrator for the nasty subs shenanigans, access to draco meteor (which hits like a truck), boom burst, focus blast, hurricane, flamethrower, and a few more moves. Put a scarf or life orb on this thing and you'll surprise quite a few people.

Now if you use my current team, your only check to fairy is tentacruel and you have 3 weak pokemon to that new type, which is the bane of my life btw. So you could use one more pokemon to round up that team. Id say some extra bulk is never bad. Which is why i propose no guard Eviolite Duosion. The guy can tank pretty well and can kill plenty of fairies for you. His swords dance set is pretty annoying ;)

Well now that ive thrown out a team together in around an hour. You might've seen my process. I took a core (your two pokemon) saw what was lacking in the team, proceeded to add the missing links and got a team that could actually be pretty decent in UU. Of course it still has lots of weaknesses and things that can be taken advantages of by the other teams. My team is pretty slow for one, so high speed megas and or sweeper can be pretty dangerous. But its a first draft. Dont be afraid to test things out with your team in pokemon showdown. It's your best friend in the teambuilding process. ;) Hope i helped. Also feel free to ask anything and ill try to answer ASAP :)

Last edited:

Wooper

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Mainly just build your team around what you find fun to use and make sure your team covers most major competitive mons and doesn't have major weaknessess

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Imo b4 u consider wtever is stated above u should think wt format u want to fight in singles....doubles...triples...rotation...vgc...etc etc etc etc once you decide then we can help otherwise ur giving us nothing to work with team build wise
Mr sky over there gave u a singles team btw sounds like a UU tier team as well lol