• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

CoroCoro June 2014

Which Mega is your favorite?

• Total voters

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
A new CoroCoro was leaked, and it has a LOT of new info for ORAS. First, we have 3 new megas.
Mega Swampert: Keeps it's typing and gains swift swim

Mega Sceptile: Becomes Grass/Dragon type, and gets the ability Lightningrod.

Mega Diance: No other info is known (might not even be ORAS, but we don't know yet)

Mega Groudon: It's called the primordial/prehistoric Groudon, and it is considered a "devolution"

Mega Kyogre: All details similar to Groudon, but with Kyogre respectively.

We also got confirmation of the return of Steven, and his role was confirmed to be what was commonly speculated. He is interested in mega evolution, and is trying to know more about the subject. It seems he has a Charizard-X, but it seems odd, due to the leaked Zard being level 100.
Team Aqua and Magma are returning, with Archie and Maxie leading each respectively. Their admins are redesigned, and the teams look a lot more polished, and they are different from their RSE version.
The CoroCoro shows that you will start as May or Brendan, but no other info is known. Will skin color be an option again? And can you still customize?
The CoroCoro also gave us our first look at the game's graphics, and they are quite similar to x and y, with just what seems to be a different color pallete. I.e. The grass is a little lighter, and the trees are different colors.
Also, it was revealed that the Mach and Acro Bike will be returning.
Are you guys excited that we finally got info? Feel free to speculate and converse in the comments!

Source: Serebii.net

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
The primordial Groudon/Kyogre sounds really savage and cool. Can imagine super high attack stats with low speed. Grass/Dragon Sceptile i'm not too keen on considering the amount of ice moves in the game, as well as an ability that is only good for doubles/singles.
Can't remember the difference between the bikes as it's been ten years. Anyone know?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The primordial Groudon/Kyogre sounds really savage and cool. Can imagine super high attack stats with low speed. Grass/Dragon Sceptile i'm not too keen on considering the amount of ice moves in the game, as well as an ability that is only good for doubles/singles.
Can't remember the difference between the bikes as it's been ten years. Anyone know?
Mach Bike goes really fast, not easy to turn/control at times. Acro Bike was slower, but did tricks and jumps and shit.

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Mega Sceptile is a f**king joke.

I hope who ever gave it LR and that typing gets fired.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits

dragon makes sense because of the egg group but yeah im not too keen on LR either i was expecting something different tbh hopefully the info on the abilities are wrong although swift swim mega swampert is going to wreck, Hopefully Sceptile gets a Mega Sceptile Alpha and Mega Sceptile Omega just so we can get different typings and abilities overall on the design i like but i feel like mega swampert is winning in my heart in terms of looks and ability.

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

I felt the same way. whats the point in having pokemon 4x resistant to electricity and then giving it an ability that makes it immune?

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I felt the same way. whats the point in having pokemon 4x resistant to electricity and then giving it an ability that makes it immune?
Lightning rod will also give a special attack boost, so expect it to get a big spatk boost

Meruem

Pokémon Master
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Lightning rod will also give a special attack boost, so expect it to get a big spatk boost

Unless you are playing with an idiot you aren't using an electric move until Mega Sceptile is gone so it's ability is worthless for the duration of the match. This mega is a joke flat out. Honestly worse mega out there.
I'll doubt this thing will stay in UU.

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits

For me it's a bit too predictable, especially if you see him in the party beforehand. I do admit he as a pretty good movepool and a fairly decent Atk stat incase of annoying Special walls. Expect him to be superfast or like Mega-Garchomp were his attack increases a lot and speed lowers.

Maybe I hate weather teams too much, but I cannot stand a swift swim Mega Swampert, I just hope they release a priority grass move :p

jasonsaint

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Anyone think they'll release dual mega stones for Blaziken, like they did for Charizard?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The reason for LR on Mega Sceptile, is to keep it fast. Now it can't be paralyzed, making him the TRUE speed demon. That's my guess anyways...

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I think that depending on the way they do the stats, Mega Sceptile has the potential to be the best of the three, though at the moment my favorite is Swampert.

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
You guys are insane. Mega Sceptile is the ultimate Rotom-W counter!!! Duh. Let's see rotom volt switch now. ;)

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Mega Swampert looks amazing! :D

mega_swampert_by_pidoodle-d7lfxjp.png

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Mega Swampert is so Bad*** looking. Looks like he got hulked. Love Mays new look. Kinda cute, not her iconic bandana, but its a fresh look. Hopefully Customization returns though. (and hopefully even dressing up your pokes: Squirtle squad squirtle anyone? :D)

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Oh another thing, as they are primal kyogre and groudon, one thing rings a bell: Primal Dialga. Makes ya think though, how did Rayquaza take them both on if thats how they were in their battle?

testing