• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Debating Sub-Forum!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
(Hopefully this will be my first idea in a while that doesn't get as much backlash as other suggestions I've posted have done)

So the title of the thread really tells you everything - let's create a sub-forum for debates! Before we continue, I should probably note that I'm talking about structured debates, not just getting salty because someone isn't listening and calling them out - that's just straight up inappropriate.

The great part about this sub-forum is that the debates don't have to be about Pokemon at all! As long as the topic is SFW and sticks to the PG-13 guidelines, go at it :). But even debates about Pokemon like 'Who's the best wall in X tier?', 'Is X Pokemon broken in the tier it's currently placed in?', 'Do we need X clause any more?' would generally be fun to get the community involved or just have a good time.

I understand that not everyone will appreciate this idea, but I feel that there's a number of people out there, especially people I've been talking to in the shoutbox recently that will enjoy the use of this sub-forum.

@Ary recently posted a thread about the differences and viability of Shellder and Cloyster in their respective tiers and it looked quite interesting although it didn't get much visibility - creating a sub-forum for this and other debates like this one would definitely solve this issue and get more of the community involved in matters that concern general site business or just if you're bored and want to argue with other people :p

Drop a comment on what you think of the idea and hopefully we can debate to see if we can get this sub-forum in place ;)

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
I totally support this. I love debating!

I wonder what you mean by "structured" debates, though.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Although i do love debating and i understand the visibility issue im not 2 sure a sub forum is really needed cuz everything can alrdy be covered in the current forums...really my shellder vs cloyster thread shouldve gone in the comp battle section but it was 4am xd

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like the idea, would this be purely pokemon debates or like abortion, gun laws, etc

Cause if it's the pokemon thing it can be in competitive and if it's the second one I don't think it's a good idea anymore

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like the idea, would this be purely pokemon debates or like abortion, gun laws, etc

Cause if it's the pokemon thing it can be in competitive and if it's the second one I don't think it's a good idea anymore
Both Pokemon and other topics could be debated, but again, PG-13 topics only. Stuff you mentioned may get out of hand, eh, we couldn't know.

testing