• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Do I? Or Do I Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

demonwarriorTR

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm a complete newcomer to the Pokemon World! My first game was infact Omega Ruby so it doesn't give me much chance of being really good. However, my friends did tell me I was pretty decent for a starter player.

Anyway, onto the topic, I loved OR a lot, I'm trying to complete the pokedex currently but the game isn't really giving me what I want without the knowledge of past game experience. So here is the question:
Should I buy Pokemon Y/X and continue to buy the other couple past games, or should I just stick with OR and continue through the world of Pokemon?

KillJoyNoel

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Get X or Y, X and Alpha Sapphire are the first games I've had since I was a kid, both are great.

Across the 2, you can fill a good chunk of pokedex as well.

demonwarriorTR

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thanks Bro, I'll try it out. I've also heard good things about Charizard, Gengar and Noivern?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Thanks Bro, I'll try it out. I've also heard good things about Charizard, Gengar and Noivern?
If you're looking to get into Competitive, you can check out our tier listings here. Pokemon near to the top of the list are generally regarded as a high standard, so if you're looking for Pokemon to use, I suggest looking at that :)

Cherub Tomo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Also, your friends could help you out a lot if you are trying to fill out your Pokedex and catch 'em all! You should try to reach out to them and get trading! For a first game, Omega Ruby is pretty nice. Good luck!

BlaZe_SquaD

Youngster Joey
Credits
Alpha Sapphire should give you an even spread of pokemon (legendaries), but then again, you can always trade up for them on the GTS.

Y, in my opinion, is DEFINITELY worth a play through, if you are considering another game. Ytelvia's special move, Oblivian Wing, is a flying type move that sucks somewhere around 75% of an opponent's health... a truly brilliant one!

demonwarriorTR

Youngster Joey
Credits
Thanks a lot for the replies guys. I ended up getting pokemon y! :D

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits

mega gengar is ban, but besides that these are great pokemon. If you go with mega charizard, go with x. Y is garbage.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
mega gengar is ban, but besides that these are great pokemon. If you go with mega charizard, go with x. Y is garbage.
Y isn't garbage at all o_O It has a ridiculously powerful Sun boosted fire attack, with quite a few coverage moves making for a great sun setup.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Y isn't garbage at all o_O It has a ridiculously powerful Sun boosted fire attack, with quite a few coverage moves making for a great sun setup.

Eh. I wish I could make y work in my lineup. It just seems so much more difficult than x and it'd ability just seems like it is not as good unless you build some other pokemon on your team around it

demonwarriorTR

Youngster Joey
Credits
Naah, I'm playing through it now and Charmeleon is spanking everyone.

Targaryen13

Youngster Joey
Credits
Omega ruby is a good place to start for in-game fun but competitively speaking, it'd be nice to have friends help out and other versions :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Everything seems to have finished here so this thread is basically just attracting spam - closing it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

testing