• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Down with STALL

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
Well, generally, stall teams rely on supportive moves, e.g., hazards, status ailments, and recovery. There is one move that stall users fear: Taunt. It makes the affected Pokemon unable to use supportive moves. Encore forces the affected Pokemon to repeat the move it just made for the next three turns, which in most cases is just as bad. Many stall pokes rely on their items, so Knock Off would cripple them.

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
I like Prankster users like Whimsicott. It has access to both Taunt and Encore, I think, and Prankster gives those moves priority. Combine that with U-Turn to give your team some momentum.

Whimsicott (and almost everybody else) also has access to Toxic, which will put a timer on every opponent who can't come up with a way to erase the status condition.

Other pokes with Prankster include Mega Banette, Sableye, and Klefki, off the top of my head.

I think phazing moves would help, too. Things like Dragon Tail, Roar, and Whirlwind will force the opponent off the field and undo any status buffs they just did, hopefully disrupting their plans. These moves have negative priority, meaning they're usually guaranteed to go last, so be careful.

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
True but non of those will work on a mega sableye
Something with powerful Fairy-type moves would be your best bet at hurting it. That, or a powerful Fire-type attacker, since Sableye loves to inflict burns.

Why don't you try Mega Altaria? It has Heal Bell, so it can shrug off Sableye's status moves, and its solid offensive stats plus a Fairy-type STAB should be enough to shut down that pesky ghost. :)

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
I would replace Refresh with Heal Bell. Instead of just curing Altaria's status condition, Heal Bell would eliminate status conditions from your whole party.:cool:

Also, personally, I would run a specially offensive M-Altaria for countering Sableye. The higher your Attack stat, the more Foul Play can hurt you. It's not very effective on M-Altaria, but it's one less thing to worry about.

Nonny

Pokémon Champion
Journalist
Credits
What kind of build is your team?
Right now, I'm working on training up a UU team. The core's going to consist of a physical tank, a special tank, and Wish passer - Mega Aggron, Dragalge (or possibly Goodra instead), and Vaporeon, respectively. The idea is for the two tanks to pull their offensive weight while still being tough to kill, thanks in part to Vaporeon's meaty Wishes.

I'm still figuring out the rest of the team. I need hazard control and probably some speedy offense. I'm considering Mandibuzz and Crobat for hazard control, and Mienshao, Whimsicott, Infernape, Arcanine, and Jolteon for potential offense.

(I'm also cooking up another Wish-plus-two-tanks core, only with Umbreon as the Wish passer. But that one's waiting until I'm done with this one.)

testing