• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Duplicating Pokemon

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Pokemon Duplication

As a member of this community how do you feel about Pokemon duplication in X and Y, and what do you think the community stance, as a whole, should be in regards to it?

Please leave your thoughts/comments below.

x0rqasmatr0n

Bad Blood
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Friendzilla
Credits
i mean im not against it, because its still technically legit just a copy. But it can ruin the whole trading communnity, but im not against it myself.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I feel like if it is duplicated it should be stated and not hidden, especially if that may cause an issue while in a tournament. As well as any pokemon created in pokesav. If the person who is buying it is okay with it, we shouldn't deny him the right to buy it.

Wesley

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Honestly, I don't care if people duplicate 'Mons. I don't know how to do it and would love to learn. As a community we are to take care of each other. Cloning 'Mons that are rare for somebody who doesn't have one is fine IMO. Some people will disagree though.

muggy8

Youngster Joey
Credits
i personally dont like it but with that said there's no real way to tell a cloned pokemon from a real one so from a gameplay stand point, go nuts and they're tournament legal anyways so i dont see what's wrong with them. that said i still dont personally like cloning unless it's for something really special such as 6IV forien ditto with imposter and shiny etc

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I feel like if it is duplicated it should be stated and not hidden, especially if that may cause an issue while in a tournament. As well as any pokemon created in pokesav. If the person who is buying it is okay with it, we shouldn't deny him the right to buy it.
good post, we see things in a similar light.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
good post, we see things in a similar light.
I'm glad, a lot of other forums even outlaw the talk of duplicated pokemon like it never happens.

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I'm glad, a lot of other forums even outlaw the talk of duplicated pokemon like it never happens.
It happens, and on a site like this is will happen. When trying to decide what our stance should be i figured it would be best to talk to you guys first. Waiting for @ToY to chime in. Would love to hear his thoughts aswell.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
It happens, and on a site like this is will happen. When trying to decide what our stance should be i figured it would be best to talk to you guys first. Waiting for @ToY to chime in. Would love to hear his thoughts aswell.
Exactly, it's good to talk about it before it happens and nobody says anything on the matter.

ToY

Administrator
Admin
Team Elite
Credits
If its allowed in tournament play and it is a legit pkmn, I dont see why not. Its not like we are dealing with wondertombs. Some ppl just want a duplicate pkmn that they can use competitively with out the stress of breeding, training and egg moves.

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Duplicating mons in x/y (last I heard) requires you to rip apart and re-wire your 3/2ds, so if anyone reading thinks it's just a little glitch they can learn in 5 minutes then NOPE.

(Then again, last I heard was a month ago or something)

Shadow1210

Youngster Joey
Credits
I am completely fine with duplicating Pokemon, but, if it gets to the point where everyone basically has the same exact Pokemon, then Nintendo will have to do something about the duplicating.

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
While the duplication of Pokemon can totally lead to a weak spot in Pokemon trading (ie someone selling 5 shinies for 300 each that they cloned), it isn't a bad thing since they are technically legit and extremely hard to obtain. I think if you do decide to clone, we should have a rule that only one selling of that exact pokemon is allowed to be made from the user to avoid cheap PC making tactics. If they have multiple but are different IVs/natures and such (meaning they aren't cloned), then it won't be a problem. I personally clone any of my special pokemon also in case something happens to my game I can get them off my younger sibling's game to transfer over if I have to buy a new game or so.

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Also, if you want to learn how to clone pokemon, click the link here. I promise that it is a safe link. It should take you to JayYTGamer's "How to Clone Pokemon" video. Thumbnail of 2 shiny Genesects.

Wesley

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Also, if you want to learn how to clone pokemon, click the link here. I promise that it is a safe link. It should take you to JayYTGamer's "How to Clone Pokemon" video. Thumbnail of 2 shiny Genesects.
Already know how to clone. I can't because I have 1 DS only. Thanks though

BadPandaPancham

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Already know how to clone. I can't because I have 1 DS only. Thanks though
Haha no prob, I should have figured that you found out since the post where you said you had no idea how to :)

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
I have no problem with it as long as the person selling it tells that its a duplicate.

Dragoose

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
If the duplicate pokemon are at a fair price then there's no harm as I see it, all the pokemon duplicated are still legit. Although personally I'd rather have pokemon that are individuals. But I'm not against duplication

testing