• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Elite Four Members in the Gym Challenge!

How do you feel about this being implemented (if it will be)?

• Sounds nice, I like the extra challenge before the Champion

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • Seems like a lot more work...

Votes: 7 41.2%

• Total voters

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
The idea finally struck me whilst playing through the Elite Four in ORAS.... What if we had 4 people, who had conquered all of the gyms as our Elite Four?

Now, here are some proposed requirements for becoming an Elite Four Member, as well as what you can/can't do:
  • You must get all 18 badges to challenge any of the Elite Four members (think of this proposed Elite Four as 4 members that are all tied, not in any order)
  • Any of the Elite Four may challenge the Champion at any point
  • To take the spot of any Elite Four member, the format will be whatever the leader decides
  • You must take on all of the Elite Four and win to challenge the Champion
Another suggestion I have considered is that the Elite Four could be ordered, and the four could challenge each other at any point for their position, just to keep things interesting.

This is only an idea in the early stages right now though, guys, but I'm looking for as much feedback as possible!

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
The idea finally struck me whilst playing through the Elite Four in ORAS.... What if we had 4 people, who had conquered all of the gyms as our Elite Four?

Now, here are some proposed requirements for becoming an Elite Four Member, as well as what you can/can't do:
  • You must get all 18 badges to challenge any of the Elite Four members (think of this proposed Elite Four as 4 members that are all tied, not in any order)
  • Any of the Elite Four may challenge the Champion at any point
  • To take the spot of any Elite Four member, the format will be whatever the leader decides
  • You must take on all of the Elite Four and win to challenge the Champion
Another suggestion I have considered is that the Elite Four could be ordered, and the four could challenge each other at any point for their position, just to keep things interesting.

This is only an idea in the early stages right now though, guys, but I'm looking for as much feedback as possible!
I absolutely love this idea and i've brought it up before, but the problem at the time was the gyms we're still not that organized and now they are very well improved thanks to @Cheza so i think it may work and i, myself am very interested in being the water E4 :p

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
The way I looked at this idea was the Elite Four members would be people who are very active and have won all 18 badges. They do not use monotype teams and instead have a similar position as the Champion (there own 6v6 teams).

When you defeat an Elite Four member you get a ribbon, I was thinking we could have a different coloured ribbon for each Elite Four member. So we could associate the Elite Four by pretty colours instead of type.

Collecting all 18 gym badges seems to be a lot of work since schedules don't match up and leaders go inactive, so instead members would have the option to either collect all 18 badges or collect 8 badges and defeat all Elite Four members.

This way you have more of a challenge, less monotype battles (you cannot just counter team your way to the top you will need some battling skills.) and it would cut less time and give the Champion some battles.

To become an Elite Four member you will have to collect all 18 badges and defeat a current Elite Four member in a best 2/3 duel. (same old same old.) Having to collect all 18 badges PLUS defeating the Elite Four would be to much imo.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
The way I looked at this idea was the Elite Four members would be people who are very active and have won all 18 badges. They do not use monotype teams and instead have a similar position as the Champion (there own 6v6 teams).

When you defeat an Elite Four member you get a ribbon, I was thinking we could have a different coloured ribbon for each Elite Four member. So we could associate the Elite Four by pretty colours instead of type.

Collecting all 18 gym badges seems to be a lot of work since schedules don't match up and leaders go inactive, so instead members would have the option to either collect all 18 badges or collect 8 badges and defeat all Elite Four members.

This way you have more of a challenge, less monotype battles (you cannot just counter team your way to the top you will need some battling skills.) and it would cut less time and give the Champion some battles.

To become an Elite Four member you will have to collect all 18 badges and defeat a current Elite Four member in a best 2/3 duel. (same old same old.) Having to collect all 18 badges PLUS defeating the Elite Four would be to much imo.
Instead of maybe not mono teams, how about themes? Like Stall/ Bulk/ color coordinated but chosen by the player?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits

This is what I was thinking, with the whole 6v6 non-monotype battles. However, interesting thoughts with the ribbon... I agree completely.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Instead of maybe not mono teams, how about themes? Like Stall/ Bulk/ color coordinated but chosen by the player?
Like the challengers would need to use a Stall/Bulk/Colour Coordinated team like the Elite Four member? I guess that would be up to the leaders, they could choose to have double/Tripple/Rotation battles only I suppose. ;)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

You mean like how Nova's elite four is?

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Not really sure how these specific things would go down, but it's not a bad idea

I absolutely love this idea. The only issue is finding willing members...which reminds me: How would the first 4 be appointed?

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Like the challengers would need to use a Stall/Bulk/Colour Coordinated team like the Elite Four member? I guess that would be up to the leaders, they could choose to have double/Tripple/Rotation battles only I suppose. ;)
Well i mean the E4 member would we could implement that rule as well but this way it keeps the 6v6 ou team of the champion unique to them.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Yeah... I really like this as well! My only issue with this (the stall/bulk stuff) is that it would become more easy to counterteam when compared to a normal team (unless they learn the ins and outs of your team).

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Not really sure how these specific things would go down, but it's not a bad idea

I absolutely love this idea. The only issue is finding willing members...which reminds me: How would the first 4 be appointed?
I'm guessing it would be the first 4 (other than the Champion) to get the 18 badges. If we want to get all 4 at the start.... I guess polls would be the way to go, with people voting on the people they want to see as an E4 member. This could get pretty one-sided though.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

Anyone who has been active enough to collect all 18 badges could qualify, they would apply for the position if there is a spot open and a staff member could check to see how active they are and if they are any good at battling.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Anyone who has been active enough to collect all 18 badges could qualify, they would apply for the position if there is a spot open and a staff member could check to see how active they are and if they are any good at battling.

Wouldn't we need more than two people to have all the badges first though

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Wouldn't we need more than two people to have all the badges first though
Of course we would, we are talking future ideas. ;)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
It would have to either have to be a poll or a some sort of tournament and those who finish 1-4 make the elite four. :p
Agreed here, at least the tournament idea would keep it fair from voting for your favourite people ;) :p

testing