• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Emerald Remake?

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
It was recently revealed that a trademark was made in Japan by Nintendo. What was the trademark? Delta Emerald. We have never gotten a 3rd version remake, but emerald was more different from its originals than crystal and yellow were. Do you think this game will actually come out? Or is Nintendo just playing it safe, just in case they wanna release one?

Source: http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/29/pokemon-delta-emerald-trademark-surfaces

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I wouldn't count on it. Hope for the best but assume the worst - because it's likely that with a naming scheme this unique they COULD be covering their bases.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I wouldn't count on it. Hope for the best but assume the worst - because it's likely that with a naming scheme this unique they COULD be covering their bases.
But with Nintendo so low on money, thi is a great plan... I feel like it will be released, but only for that reason...

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
But with Nintendo so low on money, thi is a great plan... I feel like it will be released, but only for that reason...

The fact that they already announced ruby and sapphire remakes and got everyone hyped is enough. Announcing an emerald remake for the same release date would quite possibly ruin the sales of ruby/sapphire remakes because everyone would be too hyped over the remake of the 3rd game from that gen (which would be the first time that's happened).

It won't be released on the same date, if released at all.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The fact that they already announced ruby and sapphire remakes and got everyone hyped is enough. Announcing an emerald remake for the same release date would quite possibly ruin the sales of ruby/sapphire remakes because everyone would be too hyped over the remake of the 3rd game from that gen (which would be the first time that's happened).

Delta Emerald = Easy to make + More $

If they have the copyright and DONT make it, I feel it is a bad play... But I agree with it will probably have a later release date... What if it came after the fabled Pokemon Z?

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Delta Emerald = Easy to make + More $

If they have the copyright and DONT make it, I feel it is a bad play... But I agree with it will probably have a later release date... What if it came after the fabled Pokemon Z?

Do you know how easy it is to make a patent? Especially if they already have done it so many times? It really isn't that much work to ensure they can use that name in the future if they choose to.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Do you know how easy it is to make a patent? Especially if they already have done it so many times? It really isn't that much work to ensure they can use that name in the future if they choose to.
Ya, they did trademark pokemon gray...

Argue

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Donor
Credits
Emerald won't happen.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
I don't think Emerald will get a remake, I mean they didn't do it for Crystal so they most likely won't for Emerald.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I dunno, the trademark makes me think about it, they never trade marked "body crystal" or "electric yellow"...

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Just Cause The Trademarked it doesnt mean its gonna happen WaterBlue was a trademark and so was Gray and those never happened only reason emerald has a chance is because it was the highest selling games on the GBA and RSE were the highest selling of the franchise i think ever but deffinetly for GBA

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits

Only way i see them releasing an emerald remake would be after pokemon Z or at the same time as it.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Just Cause The Trademarked it doesnt mean its gonna happen WaterBlue was a trademark and so was Gray and those never happened only reason emerald has a chance is because it was the highest selling games on the GBA and RSE were the highest selling of the franchise i think ever but deffinetly for GBA
Water Blue was trademarked? And ya, I didn't say emerald WAS gonna happen, but with the naming being so unique, I seems odd that they WOULDNT make it. Out of the other letters, why delta? Water Blue and Gray were obvious title that could've been made... I dunno, just the odd naming scheme does make me think about it...

toned21

Youngster Joey
Credits
That would be cool if it was made

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Water Blue was trademarked? And ya, I didn't say emerald WAS gonna happen, but with the naming being so unique, I seems odd that they WOULDNT make it. Out of the other letters, why delta? Water Blue and Gray were obvious title that could've been made... I dunno, just the odd naming scheme does make me think about it...
Water Blue was trademarked around when the announcement of LF and FR. And Just because its Delta Emerald is nothing too special. They way they went with the names is sort of how the army would name different squads, Alpha, Delta and Omega. Which makes me to believe that secret bases will make a return you'll be able to make teams or something along those lines. Almost like a clan in CoD elite i guess.

Infernit

Youngster Joey
Credits
As to answer why delta. Alpha is thr beginning and Omega is the end, the next most commonly known greek alphabet word to non speaking greeks is delta. Mot to mention the symbol for delta is a triangle, which means trinity amd although I have my doubts I'm hoping they release emerald even later after the r/s.

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
What I think it is,is that Game Freak is messing with us

L

Lvl69Teemo

If you believe they'll make it then they'll make, or hold Nintendo at gunpoint the them a picture of Rayquaza and yell "Primal Rayquaza now!" Then they give you a picture of a green Seviper

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I think it will eventually come out, it just won't come out soon, I think it will most likely come out after Z, just like the original Emerald came out after FireRed and LeafGreen.

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I don't suppose there will be an emerald remake since mega rayquaza got released in ORAS.If they were to make a remake they should have reserved the mega for it.

testing