• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Enter The Drunken Dragon Claw

Merciless Zulu

Youngster Joey
Credits
Okay so here is the deal. I love dragons. For every card game that I've played I've run them. Magic the gathering I ran white and black dragons, Yugioh I ran a Hieratic stardust dragon assault mode, and well for pokemon it was well you've guessed it dragons. But I haven't played a pokemon game since silver came out, and I'm just getting used to all the stuff I've missed such has EV's, and natures. I came across this forum while searching for a good dragon team using google and I came across another users thread called " Enter the dragon". PKgaming and Jabba did a excellent job with their team

http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/enter-the-dragon.3448743/

which inspired me to create something that would be unique.If you guys can help me out with making this team better that would be awesome. I don't want to be a conformist and copy Jabba's and Pkgaming's team because I've myself seen that on the ladder and I want to build something to counter it.

Since i'm technically a noob. I don't know how I would put the team together but I've got a baisic idea on how I'd want my team to be structured. Any CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would be nice. Now I no its probably hard to judge without natures etc but like I said I'm just getting used to em. So please take that into consideration.

Team:
1)Garchomp

2)Tyranitar

3)Heatran

4)Noivern/Jolteon/( Don't want to use Magnezone)

5)Goodra

6)Dophan/Sarmie/Mega Blastoise

Primarily what I want to do is be really offensive but be able to defend if i have to. But I always want to be on the attack. Forcing my opponent to switch out his pokemon until he doesn't know what to do. I want garchomp and tyranitar on this team for sure. They're my favorite pokemon.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
1)Garchomp

2)Tyranitar

3)Heatran

4)Noivern/Jolteon/( Don't want to use Magnezone)

5)Goodra

6)Dophan/Sarmie/Mega Blastoise

This team is a good start, but there may be some things you want to change. First of all, since you have a sand setter, you may want to use mega garchomp for the sand rush. It is slower, but you are already looking at a pretty bulk team, so you may want to go with some slower bukier pokemon, especially since you have a nice 30 % increase to Earthquake, stone edge, and iron head. Iron head is great for predicting a fairy switch-in, and the sandstorm gives it a boost, OHKOing any fairy in OU except azumarill. Your last move is totally up to you, between dragon claw and outrage. Dragon claw is a good STAB move, and Outrage is nice after you've killed their fairy, or if they dont have a fairy.

Now I've mentioned Azumarill, and he seems to be a hardcore counter to your team. Choice Band Waterfall does a lot, heatran taking 60-70%, OHKO to ttar unless full HP then only 40% OHKO. Play rough for Garchomp, it does 70% to donphan, or it can waterfall donphan for an OHKO due to outspeeding. Jolteon would take a big hurt, around 70% as well, so with rocks or previous damage, it might not live. You may want to consider running a celebi, as a max hp max Sp def celebi can sitll tank his hits, and can use aromatherapy to heal garchomp's burns and such, to continue sweeps. You can also use tentacruel as sludge bomb can reliably kill azu, as well as it gets black sludge so it can heal off the ttar sand damage if need be.

Your sand team has some great things going for it, but it could use some upgrades. One thing I would do is replace donphan with lando-t. Sand support is great for the guy, plus intimidate U-turn will be great for your team. U-turn scarfed lando is a great lead, and if you can switch into it from a volt switch from jolteon, you can get a nice intimidate, solid damage, then a u-turn out for some more damage into someone that reliably kills the opponent.

So there are my notes, I may have more later but that's what I see atm.

testing