• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Favorite Pokemon Theory?

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Hi, everyone! I'm kind of curious about this. What's your favorite Pokemon theory? Mine personally would definitely be the Porygon-Z Theory! I like it since no one really knows for sure what the story behind the Porygon evolution line is except for maybe Porygon from the episode on Porygon that got cut out before it was aired in other countries besides Japan. Any other good Pokemon theories out there?:Cat:

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Hi, everyone! I'm kind of curious about this. What's your favorite Pokemon theory? Mine personally would definitely be the Porygon-Z Theory! I like it since no one really knows for sure what the story behind the Porygon evolution line is except for maybe Porygon from the episode on Porygon that got cut out before it was aired in other countries besides Japan. Any other good Pokemon theories out there?:Cat:

Can you explain the Porygon Z theory lol, I'm curious and unfamiliar with it xD

My favorite theory is that Blue's ratticate died on the SS Anne if i'm remembering it correctly, it's very interesting and perfectly plausible

Saraceaser

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Can you explain the Porygon Z theory lol, I'm curious and unfamiliar with it xD

My favorite theory is that Blue's ratticate died on the SS Anne if i'm remembering it correctly, it's very interesting and perfectly plausible
Sure! The Porygon evolution Theories are one of my most favorite, so I know a lot about it! Basically, it's like this. You know how each of the Porygon evolution's has something to do with moving through either Cyberspace, Space, or alternate Dimensions? Well, in Porygon-Z's case, it seems that something...wrong, I guess... happened when it was developed. As in the HGSS and Pokemon Y entry says: 'Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...' However, since only Porygon has ever been aired on TV and only for EP038, Porygon was never shown on TV again. For that reason, why Porygon2 and Porygon-Z were created afterwards anyways has been floating through myths and questions since. Another thing is what 'error' could have been. Some speculate that the error messed up Porygon-Z's programming, which is why it acts strangely when you use it to attack. There are a lot more theories then this, but this is just the baseline for it. There's also theories how Porygon the one real Pokemon that lives in cyberspace, but I really doubt that. Wow, I just wrote a lot, now that realize it!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Sure! The Porygon evolution Theories are one of my most favorite, so I know a lot about it! Basically, it's like this. You know how each of the Porygon evolution's has something to do with moving through either Cyberspace, Space, or alternate Dimensions? Well, in Porygon-Z's case, it seems that something...wrong, I guess... happened when it was developed. As in the HGSS and Pokemon Y entry says: 'Its programming was modified to enable it to travel through alien dimensions. Seems there might have been an error...' However, since only Porygon has ever been aired on TV and only for EP038, Porygon was never shown on TV again. For that reason, why Porygon2 and Porygon-Z were created afterwards anyways has been floating through myths and questions since. Another thing is what 'error' could have been. Some speculate that the error messed up Porygon-Z's programming, which is why it acts strangely when you use it to attack. There are a lot more theories then this, but this is just the baseline for it. There's also theories how Porygon the one real Pokemon that lives in cyberspace, but I really doubt that. Wow, I just wrote a lot, now that realize it!

That's pretty interesting actually, I never knew that :D

SammyFeu

Pokémon Champion
Credits
curious_bone_syndrome_by_haretrinity-d3z5fya.jpg

I've always liked the various cubone theories, this perhaps is my favorite, also I like how it gives some evidence against the common Kangaskhan baby myth.