• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Fire Emblem Fates

What version should I get

• Birthright

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Conquest

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

BlazingInfernape

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
So I've been watching ShadyPenguinn's Videos on FEF Conquest and am Interested in getting one of the games when the come out in the EU. I've never played a FE games before so am leaning towards Birthright as it is easier. I have made this post as I know a load of you play FEF so I'm looking for your opinions

Agent Antz

Secret Agent Man
Credits
Birthright... I tried conquest and if you've never played fates before, it'll destroy your interest in the game.... it's REALLY hard. Even on easy.

Play birthright first. Then move up.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
/cri :p

Fire Emblem Fates was my first Fire Emblem game, and after some research on the plot differences I chose to side with my Nohrian sibling (Conquest). I was warned when purchasing the game that if it was my first FE game to go with Birthright as it is easier, but honestly the game isn't difficult (IMO) and I'm replaying on the Lunatic setting.

However, the games are meant to be played in a specific order. Revelation will give spoilers for Conquest, and Conquest will give spoilers for Birthright. If you plan purchasing all the games you should play them in order, if not and you're generally a quick learner I'd say choose whichever game is more appealing to you.

Which side would you choose? Would you side with the family you've known all your life or the blood siblings you're reunited with? Or the third option to not side with anyone (revelation)? I think checking out the official Fire Emblem Fates page and reading up might make your decision more clear. :)

Official Page: http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/
Check out the "explore this path" options and maybe the quiz?

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
I recommend playing Birthright, then Conquest and then Revelation. Birthright kindof eases you into the game, Conquest tells a different side of the story and explains some things from Birthright. Lastly, Revelation wraps up the whole game, explains any unanswered questions from Birthright and Conquest, and is a great ending to the game.

BlazingInfernape

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
/cri :p

Fire Emblem Fates was my first Fire Emblem game, and after some research on the plot differences I chose to side with my Nohrian sibling (Conquest). I was warned when purchasing the game that if it was my first FE game to go with Birthright as it is easier, but honestly the game isn't difficult (IMO) and I'm replaying on the Lunatic setting.

However, the games are meant to be played in a specific order. Revelation will give spoilers for Conquest, and Conquest will give spoilers for Birthright. If you plan purchasing all the games you should play them in order, if not and you're generally a quick learner I'd say choose whichever game is more appealing to you.

Which side would you choose? Would you side with the family you've known all your life or the blood siblings you're reunited with? Or the third option to not side with anyone (revelation)? I think checking out the official Fire Emblem Fates page and reading up might make your decision more clear. :)

Official Page: http://fireemblemfates.nintendo.com/
Check out the "explore this path" options and maybe the quiz?
I recommend playing Birthright, then Conquest and then Revelation. Birthright kindof eases you into the game, Conquest tells a different side of the story and explains some things from Birthright. Lastly, Revelation wraps up the whole game, explains any unanswered questions from Birthright and Conquest, and is a great ending to the game.
Birthright... I tried conquest and if you've never played fates before, it'll destroy your interest in the game.... it's REALLY hard. Even on easy.

Play birthright first. Then move up.
Thanks for all the help guys.I've still got a few months to decided but am edging towards birthright and then conquest.

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Thanks for all the help guys.I've still got a few months to decided but am edging towards birthright and then conquest.
Dont forget to not buy both on cart, the opposite path as DLC costs about half as much as it would be on cart alone, so only buy 1 cart

testing