• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

GBA Style (Draft+Schedule!) Tournament

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Disclaimer: This tournament is a series being done with several youtubers and i'm completely taking the idea!

I am posting to see how many people would be interested in entering before i go into detail just to gauge interest

Serpentine Draft ex: 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1
With draft picks being publicly randomized

The idea of the tournament is that there is a pool of pokemon the number depending on the amount of applicants. There will be a serpentine style draft done and the pool will contain a mix of tiers(no ubers). You can draft 10 pokemon each and must use 6/10 of those pokemon on your team when battling. You can use any set you want with those chosen pokemon though AND MUST HAVE A WAY OF OBTAINING SAID POKEMON! If you don't have them or cannot get them then there's no point in entering

There will be a final round at the end for megas (by the way). And one per team

After the draft, trades will be allowed and testing will be allowed as well. I will then make a schedule and we will have playoffs and a championship accordingly.

Out of curiosity how many people would be interested? There will probably be a buy in and PC prize pool and i may throw in some pokemon for the winner also.

Any questions post below!

Official Entrants
Dom
Gold
Kankuro
Senor
Sniper
McCloud
Jiggly
Argue
Umbrem
Nuke

THE DRAFT WILL BE DONE IN 10 ROUNDS AND AN ELEVENTH RE ROLL WILL BE DONE FOR MEGAS

YOU CAN DROP YOUR POKEMON AND PICK UP UNDRAFTED POKEMON AT ANY TIME BUT YOU MAY ONLY HAVE ONE MEGA AT ONCE

DRAFT ORDER

Nuke, Umbrem, Senor, Jiggly, Gold, Kankuro, Argue, Sniper, Cloud, Dom

DRAFT POOL
  • Diggersby
  • Zygarde
  • Azelf
  • Hitmonchan
  • Aromatisse
  • Clawitzer
  • Slurpuff
  • Durant
  • Dugtrio
  • Emboar
  • Kabutops
  • Heliolisk
  • Escavalier
  • Alomomola
  • Lunatone
  • Mightyena
  • Chatot
  • Leavanny
  • Simisage
  • Mespirit
  • Gorebyss
  • Floatzel
  • Delibird
  • Tropius
  • Illumise
  • Avalugg
  • Emolga
  • Delcatty
  • Chimecho
  • Furret
  • Roselia
  • Clawitzer
  • Beheeyem
  • Furfrou
  • Ariados
  • Swanna
  • Electrode
  • Pangoro
  • Octillery
  • Regigigas
  • Jumpluff
  • Fearow
  • Cinncino
  • Machamp
  • Drifblim
  • Hitmonchan
  • Slurpuff

MEGAS
  • Blastoise
  • Charizard X
  • Alakazam
  • Gyarados
  • Pinsir
  • Heracross
  • Ampharos
  • Houndoom
  • Gardevoir
  • Mawile
  • Abomasnow
  • Aggron
  • Manectric
  • Banette
  • Absol

Last edited:

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I would totally do this

Reactions: Dom

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Disclaimer: This tournament is a series being done with several youtubers and i'm completely taking the idea!

I am posting to see how many people would be interested in entering before i go into detail just to gauge interest

Serpentine Draft ex: 1-2-3-4-5-5-4-3-2-1
With draft picks being publicly randomized

The idea of the tournament is that there is a pool of pokemon the number depending on the amount of applicants. There will be a serpentine style draft done and the pool will contain a mix of tiers. You can draft 10 pokemon each and must use 6/10 of those pokemon on your team when battling. You can use any set you want with those chosen pokemon though AND MUST HAVE A WAY OF OBTAINING SAID POKEMON! If you don't have them or cannot get them then there's no point in entering

After the draft, trades will be allowed and testing will be allowed as well. I will then make a schedule and we will have playoffs and a championship accordingly.

Out of curiosity how many people would be interested? There will probably be a buy in and PC prize pool and i may throw in some pokemon for the winner also.

Any questions post below!
I think this definitely will get a lot of interest, I have interest in this well but i think it would work really well if you did it on something on showdown just because if the pool of pokemon are limited it may be hard to get your hands on them.

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
This seems like a cool idea...out of curiosity, where did you get this idea from?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This seems like a cool idea...out of curiosity, where did you get this idea from?

This is the website http://globalbattleassociation.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/welcome-to-gba-season-1-the-draft-order/ The Youtubers Shadypenguin and NumbNexus are currently in this year's i know

I think this definitely will get a lot of interest, I have interest in this well but i think it would work really well if you did it on something on showdown just because if the pool of pokemon are limited it may be hard to get your hands on them.

PS is an option but you would only need 10 pokemon and the ones in the first round or two will definitely be popular so you would probably have them otherwise idk i can look into it

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
This is the website http://globalbattleassociation.wordpress.com/2013/12/10/welcome-to-gba-season-1-the-draft-order/ The Youtubers Shadypenguin and NumbNexus are currently in this year's i know

PS is an option but you would only need 10 pokemon and the ones in the first round or two will definitely be popular so you would probably have them otherwise idk i can look into it
I know, I'm just saying more people would be easily able to participate if it were showdown. either way i plan on participating it in it, sounds like a lot of fun. Also i would probably better explain the idea of a serpentine draft because i feel like its worded a little funny.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I know, I'm just saying more people would be easily able to participate if it were showdown. either way i plan on participating it in it, sounds like a lot of fun. Also i would probably better explain the idea of a serpentine draft because i feel like its worded a little funny.

A serpentine draft would involve a randomizer assigning random numbers to the teams. Niq - 1, Dom -2 Areo -3

That number is the slot you get for the pick, Serpentine is a draft style used to ensure the draft is even. Niq you would get the first pick so it looks great but then areo would get the first pick next round, It goes first to last, last to first, and so on

Niq, Dom, Areo, Areo, Dom, Niq, Niq, Dom, Areo, etc

This is so the last person isn't at a disadvantage sometimes it's even good to go last for back to back picks

Also, I want the entries to be sort of limited this isn't a one day thing which people don't even show up for it would be over the course of several days because there are multiple matches but I guess they can be given a certain amount of time to complete the matches

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
A serpentine draft would involve a randomizer assigning random numbers to the teams. Niq - 1, Dom -2 Areo -3

That number is the slot you get for the pick, Serpentine is a draft style used to ensure the draft is even. Niq you would get the first pick so it looks great but then areo would get the first pick next round, It goes first to last, last to first, and so on

Niq, Dom, Areo, Areo, Dom, Niq, Niq, Dom, Areo, etc

This is so the last person isn't at a disadvantage sometimes it's even good to go last for back to back picks

Also, I want the entries to be sort of limited this isn't a one day thing which people don't even show up for it would be over the course of several days because there are multiple matches but I guess they can be given a certain amount of time to complete the matches
This is a way better explanation and a great way to show it with examples. i like how this is a more realistic tourney on how it would take several days. Btw say someone didnt show up would you consider taking the pokemon they drafted and putting them back into the pool and doing a draft of those with people being able to pick and choose who they get rid of out of their original 10 picks?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
This is a way better explanation and a great way to show it with examples. i like how this is a more realistic tourney on how it would take several days. Btw say someone didnt show up would you consider taking the pokemon they drafted and putting them back into the pool and doing a draft of those with people being able to pick and choose who they get rid of out of their original 10 picks?

Probably not, the spread on the tiers wouldn't be even they would just be out i guess

Free Agents being picked up is a possibility too after the draft of course

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Probably not, the spread on the tiers wouldn't be even they would just be out i guess

Free Agents being picked up is a possibility too after the draft of course
i really like this idea and i hope more people show interest.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
i really like this idea and i hope more people show interest.

It's a shame everyone loves battling but only three people answered :/

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
I really like concept, but not if it's a straight up singles format tourney. If the tourney alternated between singles/doubles at random that would be super.

In any case, I am interested!

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I really like concept, but not if it's a straight up singles format tourney. If the tourney alternated between singles/doubles at random that would be super.

In any case, I am interested!

What benefit would it gain from rotating formats just curious? I think that would deter some people if anything

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
What benefit would it gain from rotating formats just curious? I think that would deter some people if anything
From personal experience.. I often was bored to tears when I got locked into one battle format.. that's just me though. It's nice to have variety so I'm forced to think on my feet with the teams I breed, raise, and use.

When I participated in the International May I was doing 60 doubles.. and I felt the tourney grew stale after the 12 double.. if there were singles incorporated I think I would have seen much more variety in teams and not have been as bored..

But what I suggested is just an idea - I'd like to participate if possible.

I'm curious though, how would an alternate format deter people? I'm genuinely curious why singles seems to shine as the popular battle format.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
From personal experience.. I often was bored to tears when I got locked into one battle format.. that's just me though. It's nice to have variety so I'm forced to think on my feet with the teams I breed, raise, and use.

When I participated in the International May I was doing 60 doubles.. and I felt the tourney grew stale after the 12 double.. if there were singles incorporated I think I would have seen much more variety in teams and not have been as bored..

But what I suggested is just an idea - I'd like to participate if possible.

I'm curious though, how would an alternate format deter people? I'm genuinely curious why singles seems to shine as the popular battle format.

There is some variety because you would probably only battle each person once and you have 10 possible pokemon to choose from making different teams in general and there aren't 60 matches in this tourney probably a lot less lol

This would probably be strictly site rules singles

I think an alternate form would deter people because, most people like to buy into tournaments where they thing they have a shot and a lot of people like singles more than doubles just from my experience though so some people might not want to join due to the doubles aspect

PunSniperSylveon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
There is some variety because you would probably only battle each person once and you have 10 possible pokemon to choose from making different teams in general and there aren't 60 matches in this tourney probably a lot less lol

This would probably be strictly site rules singles

I think an alternate form would deter people because, most people like to buy into tournaments where they thing they have a shot and a lot of people like singles more than doubles just from my experience though so some people might not want to join due to the doubles aspect

That's too bad then..

I'd like to participate in any case. :v

Thanks for clarifying!

testing