• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Gym Leaders to get Type Badges

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Hey, so most of you probably know that as a Gym Leader, you don't have your type badge (unless you battled the previous leader for the position, thus getting the badge anyway). However, I am proposing that the Gym Leaders should get their respected badge after doing so many battles or having a certain Win/Loss percentage. I would also like to point out that we would have to lose our gym and then battle the Gym Leader to get our badge, which seems rather convoluted to get your own badge :/

The idea is still in early stages at the moment however, but I just want to know what you guys think! Drop a comment below of what you think and I can hopefully make a poll soon!

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I'm in support of this, it seems odd to not be able to have your own badge... Especially if you battled for ownership :p

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I have always been a fan of this idea, I've been the psychic gym leader ever since gyms were first opened on the site.

My suggestion for this would be that once the gym leader has taken at least 10 challenges and won over 5 of them they get their own badge, and can comment in awarded badges to have their record looked over.

Or if that person had to battle for the gym they get the badge as they have already proven their skills with that type.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I have always been a fan of this idea, I've been the psychic gym leader ever since gyms were first opened on the site.

My suggestion for this would be that once the gym leader has taken at least 10 challenges and won over 5 of them they get their own badge, and can comment in awarded badges to have their record looked over.

Or if that person had to battle for the gym they get the badge as they have already proven their skills with that type.
Seconding this definitely. After Leaders have shown this much, they should at least deserve the badge.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I like the idea, I was the first ever rock gym leader and in order to become champion I needed to get all 18 badges causing me to need to find a replacement and beat them which was hard since rock is a bad mono team type -_-

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I like the idea, I was the first ever rock gym leader and in order to become champion I needed to get all 18 badges causing me to need to find a replacement and beat them which was hard since rock is a bad mono team type -_-

Do you have any ideas for this to work? I would like to show these suggestions to doulie right away :D

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Do you have any ideas for this to work? I would like to show these suggestions to doulie right away :D
I was thinking that we could make a separate thread for the gym leaders to comment on, detailing their win/loss percentage or amount of battles (however we are doing it). Then we can just award badges as normal :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I was thinking that we could make a separate thread for the gym leaders to comment on, detailing their win/loss percentage or amount of battles (however we are doing it). Then we can just award badges as normal :)

Since the leaders are required to publicly show their record W/L why not just do what you said and if they reach maybe a 60% w/l ratio then they can PM an admin?

I don't think a whole separate thread is needed if they're already tracking records on their previously made threads

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Since the leaders are required to publicly show their record W/L why not just do what you said and if they reach maybe a 60% w/l ratio then they can PM an admin?

I don't think a whole separate thread is needed if they're already tracking records on their previously made threads
True, point taken. I guess this idea is ready to go :)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

60% win/loss sounds good for gym leaders to get their badge, and for people who had to battle to get the gym get the badge right away? PM an admin to get them :)

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
60% win/loss sounds good for gym leaders to get their badge, and for people who had to battle to get the gym get the badge right away? PM an admin to get them :)

I guess yeah that would make sense since they do have to beat the gym to get it anyway

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
I guess yeah that would make sense since they do have to beat the gym to get it anyway

Alrighty I'll suggest this, probably the next time doulie is online and not to busy :)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Sorry for double post but it's necessary lol!

doulie is up for the idea! I'll be making a thread for all gym leaders who feel like they qualify for their type badge can post and have their record checked, the thread is also being made to let people know that this is now a thing :)

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Sorry for double post but it's necessary lol!

doulie is up for the idea! I'll be making a thread for all gym leaders who feel like they qualify for their type badge can post and have their record checked, the thread is also being made to let people know that this is now a thing :)
Awesome, thanks Cheza! :D