• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Hacked mons.

Erodish

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Presumably. All Pokemon without the Kalos pentagon are hacked. Sorry if they are not. It's an automatic assumption. It is so easy to pokegen mons. If you're selling pokebank mons and they are legit I suggest taking a screenshot of the legit test and posting it with the sale. Because personally I will NOT be buying non-Kalos bred mons. To many hacked mons to determine what is legit or not. buyers beware. Always ask the seller about legitimacy of the mon before purchase. It is against the rules to enter any contest hosted by gamefreak with hacked mons and will g et you disqualified whether you knew or not. Buyer and seller beware.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
That sign means it is from Kalos. It's shaped like a pentagon because that's the shape of the region. If a pokemon isn't legit, it can't make it through poke-transfer.

Orrun

Youngster Joey
Credits
That sign means it is from Kalos. It's shaped like a pentagon because that's the shape of the region. If a pokemon isn't legit, it can't make it through poke-transfer.
I'm not sure how great the "legitcheck" is for Pokebank. I'm sure it gets the obvious moves/abilities/IVs/EVs part, but to a point Erodish is right.

And he understands the Kalos breed symbol meaing. He's just saying how rare it is for a 6IV shiny to exist before X/Y I believe, so be careful.

Dragoose

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
just as a note any pokemon that can make it through pokebank is considered legitimate for Nintendo events as all stats ivs ev's moves ect are completely possible to exist no matter how unlikely. im not saying things arnt hacked but they dont break any rules for VGC.
and yeah all pokemon from pokebank legit or hacked wont have a pentagon as it only means the pokemon was caught or breed in kalos so a legit ho-oh from heart gold wont have the pentagon.

this is only my understanding and research im not saying people shouldn't say where their pokemon came from and stuff.

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
I am trying to get sellers to state whether their pokemon are from pokegen or not but they always refuse to

Erodish

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I am trying to get sellers to state whether their pokemon are from pokegen or not but they always refuse to
That's a red flag. I'm just saying this as a warning. I don't belive in hacked mons. And Will have no respect for people making and selling hacked mons as legit ones. Again, without hard proof of a legit non kalos pokemon I will not and highly recommend AGINST it to buy them. It's all at your own risk in the end.

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
Yeah I don't buy from them like the other day I almost bought poke creator ones from wesley

Dragoose

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
the main problem with this though is that cloned mon are just as bad as hacked mon and its nearly impossible to find any pokemon that is shiny with 5-6iv's that arnt cloned or gen'd. i myself am selling some gen'd mons but i have a disclamer stating their gen'd but youll find its almost impossible to find legit mon anywhere unless you breed them or catch them yourself.

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
the main problem with this though is that cloned mon are just as bad as hacked mon and its nearly impossible to find any pokemon that is shiny with 5-6iv's that arnt cloned or gen'd. i myself am selling some gen'd mons but i have a disclamer stating their gen'd but youll find its almost impossible to find legit mon anywhere unless you breed them or catch them yourself.
I will be honest mine are cloned but (except luvdisc) but that is to keep up with the demand

Snewgon

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I'd wager that 90+% of the Kalos-bred 5/6iv shinies were cloned off the original Insta-check shinies you could create a while back. If you're really concerned about pokemon that aren't "legitimate" then you shouldn't trade at all...

And it was clear from the start Nintendo wouldn't be able to tell the difference between real and "fake" pokes. It's not even worth their time trying that hard.

ForbiddenSandwich

Storm Trooper
Trusted Seller
Credits
They were cloned from mons that went through instacheck (basically shiny paint). Pretty much as bad as hacking, imo.
Yeah but you can't get caught cloning for tournaments and stuff whereas it is easy to get caught with poke gen

Dragoose

Pokémon Trainer
Trusted Seller
Credits
no pokegen mon cant be caught if they follow the stats of a normal pokemon for example you have a 5iv rotom and you gen a 5iv rotom thats identical in every way how do you tell the diffrence between the gen and the original ?

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
There is a way to see if the pokemon is kalos bred or not because if you go to the memory checker in anistar city and she says the pokemon can't learn anything then it's been hacked with the pentagon

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
There is a way to see if the pokemon is kalos bred or not because if you go to the memory checker in anistar city and she says the pokemon can't learn anything then it's been hacked with the pentagon
Really? Game Freak really thought a head and put in that sort of mechanic? Even though no one can decode the inscription if the 3ds? Well... At least they're doing something.

areoplazma

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
Really? Game Freak really thought a head and put in that sort of mechanic? Even though no one can decode the inscription if the 3ds? Well... At least they're doing something.
I didint know this eaither until someone told me to do it yesterday to see if it was hacked or not

testing