• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

HELP A NOOB - These are my Pokes - what do I need?

Saucman

Youngster Joey
Credits
Tyranitar (Earth Plate)
252ATK/252SPD
Jolly - Sand Stream
-Stealth Rock
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance
-EQ

Greninja (Life Orb)
252Sp.ATK/252SPD
Timid - Torrent
-Grass Knot
-Dark Pulse
-Surf
-U-Turn

Charizard (Charizardite X)
252ATK/252SPD
Jolly - Blaze
-Flare Blitz
-Dragon Claw
-EQ
-Dragon Dance

Klefki (?)
252HP/252DEF
Impish - Prankster
-Metal Sound
-Toxic
-Spikes
-Foul Play

Aegislash (Leftovers)
252HP/252 ATK
Brave - Stance Change
-Sacred Sword
-Swords Dance
-King's Shield
-Shadow Sneak

What other pokes could I sneak in for the mix? Walls, Sweepers, Tricksters? These are all I have actually bred, EVd, IVd, and moved out.

I've edited to add the trained EVs in. Sorry for missing those.

Last edited:

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
On klefkey put a focus sash on it, if it's bulky and can take a flamethrower put leftovers. On tyranitar you don't need an earth plate, maybe instead of the leftovers on klefkey you put it on him. You also need a spinner if you're running charizard.

Saucman

Youngster Joey
Credits
Whats a good spinner? What movesets on Starmie or Forr?

Hazama

Pokémon Champion
Trusted Seller
Credits
Forretress is usually stealth rock rapid spin gyro ball and volt switch starmie is an offensive spinner so ice beam hydro pump/scald thunder/psyshock rapid spin

DarkSubZer0

Youngster Joey
Credits
Id recommend Starmie to have a sweeper in ur team you most have kind of bulky pokemon or set up pokes, id say starmie with ice beam hydro pump psyshock and rapid spin with natural cure ability modest nature 252 spA 252 speed and 6 def maybe a life orb so u can sweep easier or leftovers for more sustain

doncoolio

Youngster Joey
Credits
It would help to know what EV spread you currently have on these. It's worth going out and getting the hidden ability for Greninja also, as Protean makes decisions quite interesting. Greninja ought to run Ice Beam as well, as Ice is far more relevant offensively than Dark is. Though I understand you are looking for the STAB from Dark Pulse, that's where having Protean becomes useful. For the most part it seems your team doesn't have much bulk either, so when looking for that spinner going with Forretress like previously mentioned is good, or Tentacruel if you want a special wall. Donphan can also spin well.

Saucman

Youngster Joey
Credits
Is Starmie a particularly strong sweeper? Or just good because also a rapid spin?

Saucman

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've edited the post to reflect EVs. I guess I actually went with a pretty offensive spread on most of these.

With tyranitar could I possibly modify this team into sandstorm? Maybe excadrill for rapid spin then?

Wonka

Youngster Joey
Credits
If you're going to have a diverse set on Greninja like that, you might want Protean