• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed Help building a competitive team

Ethan

Youngster Joey
Credits
My team right now is

Genesect

Darkrai

Metagross

Need help with getting the next three and if you think I should not have any of those three please tell me, It can help a lot.

,Thanks
Ethan

noobdoo

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Could you give more details on your team, like its moveset and nature?

Ethan

Youngster Joey
Credits
Genesect: Technoblast,Solar Beam, Signal Beam, Psychic, Nature is Naive

Darkrai: Dark Void, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse, Phantom Force, Nature is Timid

Metagross: Hammer arm, Meteor Mash, Zen Headbutt, Bullet Punch, Nature is Lonely

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
What format is this for? I assume it is battle spot based on the mons you are using. Couple of things:
1) Genesect @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 64 Atk / 252 SpA / 192 Spe
Rash Nature
- U-turn
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
Genesect's best trait is its amazing coverage and ability to scout and deal large amounts of damage. Moves like techno blast and solar beam are interesting in theory, but their drawbacks make Genesect much worse in practice. Bug buzz is always an option as well and is better than signal beam, so that could be an option. Psychic just doesn't do much.

2) Change Metagross's nature to jolly. It's far and away the best nature for Metagross although some sets (not the one you are using mind you) can run other natures and be successful.

3) Darkrai @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Void
- Dark Pulse
- Nasty Plot
- focus blast

This set has better coverage and nasty plot makes hits from Darkrai often powerful enough to OHKO just about anything on an opponents team. Dream eater and phatom force aren't great options coverage wise and often aren't very consistent.

4) Teammates:
a) Primal Groudon and Mega Rayquazza: these are the two best Pokemon in the entire game right now and should be considered on any battle spot team as they are also pretty easy to find in game.
b) An Arceus form: Ground, Ghost, and normal are all great choices here. From sweeping to checking threats, Arceus is almost always a good choice.
c) Kyogre/Primal Kyogre: Easy to find in game, really good when groudon is gone, helps against special attackers.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Okay thank you I will try

I dont really want to use any of those last three pokemon
But you are willing to use Darkrai? Can I get some context on what I can work with? Otherwise it's tough to know what to recommend.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
You do realize that Darkrai and Genesect are a lot more powerful and rare than about 90% of the Pokemon on that list and are also legendary Pokemon right? ...I digress, try things like Shaymin Sky, Talonflame, Blaziken, Azumarill, Diancie, Greninja, Aegislash, Garchomp, P2, etc.