• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

HGSS Soul Link Egglocke - Send In Your Eggs!

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
c6ey9u5b16vmbc4zg.jpg
@Cheza and @Yungfaux are planning to successfully create an egglocke series on the sites YouTube! However to have an egglocke we need your eggs! This egglocke adventure will be taking place in Johto in the Heart Gold Soul Silver games, here I'll explain some of the rules and how you can help by sending in eggs.

Edit: You can send in as many eggs as you wish, as long as you send an even amount of eggs for both games.
Example: If you're sending in 10 eggs make 5 eggs for HG and 5 for SS! :)

What's a Soul Link Egglocke?
An egglocke follows traditional nuzlocke rules with an added feature, as the name suggests we will not be using the Pokemon we catch, instead if we can successfully catch the first encounter on a route we will be switching the Pokemon we caught for an egg in the PC.

In a regular soul link two peoples games are "connected" and your teams combine are one big team. The Pokemon you catch on each route are partners, these Pokemon cannot share the same primary typing or gender. If one partner faints, so does the other one... so the two people playing have to work together to beat the game and not lose teammates.

However in an egglocke soul link, we will not be applying the gender difference rule as we cannot control both primary typing's and genders when hatching premade eggs. If me and @Yungfaux are both able to catch our first encounter on a route, we'll take turns swapping those Pokemon out for an egg. If the Pokemon we hatch share primary typing's the person who hatches their egg second can hatch another egg to make the pairing work. Please note rule details are still being worked out and may change.

How can I share my eggs?
First you'll need to know how to make legal eggs for the game we'll be playing! This will be a quick pokegen lesson, please make sure your eggs are 100% legal before sending them in because if a Pokemon isn't legal we cannot use it. Please create two eggs, one for each game!

1. Once you have pokegen opened click the "Options" tab > "Target Game" > "Heart Gold Soul Silver"! This is a key step to creating a successful egg, if you skip this step your egg won't work. You should see a few different pages in pokegen, these pages being Main > Met > Stats > Attacks > OT/Misc.
I'll be creating a legal bulbasaur egg for this tutorial.

2. Main

• Species: Type or scroll to the Pokemon you want to create
  • Nickname: Give the Pokemon a nickname and click the check box, note in HS SS the max characters you can use for nicknames is 10.
  • Experience: Leave at level 1 / 0 experience.
  • Nature: Give the Pokemon any nature, it could be beneficial or terrible.
  • Held Item: An optional feature, you can give the Pokemon an item you want it to hold or something like an evolution stone so we know what you want the Pokemon to evolve into.
  • Happiness: Leave at 0.
  • Ability: Make sure the ability you give the Pokemon is legal! / must be an ability the Pokemon can get in 4th generation.
  • Origin: Make one of your eggs Heart Gold and one egg Soul Silver.

main.png
3. Met
  • Game: Should be Heart Gold / Soul Silver
  • Poke Ball: Can be any Poke Ball you want.
  • Level: 1.
  • Date: Doesn't matter.
  • Encounter: Egg/Pal Park /Event
  • Don't check "Fateful Encounter".
  • Leave "As Egg" check marked.

met.png
4. Stats
You can give the Pokemon any IVS, like 31 / perfect IVs. However to not add any EVs to the Pokemon.

stats.png
5. Attacks
You can give the Pokemon level 1 learn moves and egg moves ONLY. Be sure the moves you're choosing are legal for Heart Gold Soul Silver, you can check here to make sure.

attacks.png

6. Leave the last page "OT/Misc" blank

Now you've finished congrats, all that's left to do is save the File!
File > Save Pokemon (from tabs) > and name the file either Heart Gold or Soul Silver to match what game the Pokemon is for.
You can send your eggs to me via the email created specially for this egglocke!

Send your egg files to [email protected]!

Thank you for your help!
@Yungfaux and I will be working out the details and hopefully start recording soon!

Last edited:
K

Krelbit

When you start the egglocke, mind sending me a bin file of the eggs? It'd be nice to play along with you guys ^^