The Perfect Pokemon App on Android and iOS

How to become a moderator

Discussion in 'Rules and Suggestions' started by doulie, Jan 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doulie

doulie King of the Ring Staff Member Admin

The decision to promote you to a moderator lies solely with the Perfect Pokemon staff. Below are a few things we consider while reviewing someone applying to become moderator.

• Is the account within the top 5% of active members (post made/threads created)
    • Can we find or reference multiple examples of the applicant being helpful to other community members
    • Has the person applying ever been part of any of our recruitment binges and do they show a general interest in helping the community grow?
    • Is the applicant mature? How does he/she handle conflict? Can we find any examples of the applicant resolving conflict in the community?
    • Is the applicant trustworthy? Can we find any dishonest behavior associated with the account in question?
    Above all we ask ourselves, how would promoting this person to a moderator benefit the community? and then we make our decision.

To apply to be moderator, submit a moderator application Ticket, include 1-2 paragraph on why you would like to become a moderator. Reference what you have done for the community and what you would like to do for the community + how would being a moderator help you better achieve those goals.

Keep in mind that we try to keep out moderator count at loosely 1 moderator per 100 members. We are usually looking for moderators when the community's member count hits benchmarks in increments of 500, and if your application is denied we have no problem with you re-applying at a later date. We respect persistence.

Hope this helps you guys that are looking to apply for moderator.

All the best
    - Doulie

Last edited: Jan 29, 2014
  2. ~Digital_Convoy~

~Digital_Convoy~ Pokémon Champion

Credit:
    ¤6
    0   0   0
    I think I would make a good moderator, doulie. You can cross reference with the other mods. I handle conflict well, I'm trustworthy, and although I'm young, I'll help in any way possible.

doncoolio likes this.
  3. Dom

Dom The People's Champ Let It Reign Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Friendzilla Donor Iron Will

Last bullet Trust* you wrote thrust :) I got you

Kaneki, Cheza, Giovanni and 1 other person like this.
  4. Giovanni

Giovanni Honorable

Credit:
    ¤4
    Rating:
    100%
    6   0   0
    I would make a great moderator because I am very active on the site and I always try to recruit for the site on Showdown and different pokemon sites. I can't wait until we hit 1,000 people.

5. Jiggly

Jiggly Pokémon Master Donor

Credit:
    ¤18
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    I sent a moderator request!!!

6. Jiggly

Credit:
    ¤18
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    We are at 1K! Does this mean #NewModsHype???

7. MMawile

MMawile The Fairy Master

Credit:
    ¤10
    Rating:
    66.7%
    4   2   0
    hello guys. um id like to apply to be a Mod :)

8. Jiggly

Credit:
    ¤18
    Rating:
    100%
    8   0   0
    Do you need to send an updated request form after a set amount of time?

9. Dom

Dom The People's Champ Let It Reign Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Friendzilla Donor Iron Will

You need to send an app to doulie

Jiggly likes this.
  10. MMawile

MMawile The Fairy Master

Credit:
    ¤10
    Rating:
    66.7%
    4   2   0
    to do that i would have to like PM him or something?

11. Dom

Yeah you send a pm following the outline in the Original Post

12. Cheza

Cheza Fabulous Fruit Staff Member Admin Team Elite Will Not Fall Trusted Seller Badge Smaug Journalist Friendzilla Donor

Credit:
    ¤375
    Rating:
    100%
    87   0   0
    lmao Dom, are you... thrust worthy enough? xD

13. Charizard101

Charizard101 Pokémon Champion

Credit:
    ¤9
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    I'd like to become a mod

14. Dom

The fact that you probably didn't read the OP and just posted here is reason enough for you to not become a mod IMO...

Cheza, McCloud and sebesmos like this.
  15. Charizard101

Charizard101 Pokémon Champion

Credit:
    ¤9
    Rating:
    100%
    3   0   0
    I read it

16. sebesmos

sebesmos Meme Queen Staff Member Mod Trusted Seller Badge Journalist Friendzilla Donor

Then you would have seen that you dont comment on the thread to apply.

17. x0rqasmatr0n

x0rqasmatr0n Bad Blood Staff Member Admin Trusted Seller Badge Friendzilla

first of all
    • Is the account within the top 5% of active members (post made/threads created)
    • Can we find or reference multiple examples of the applicant being helpful to other community members
    • Has the person applying ever been part of any of our recruitment binges and do they show a general interest in helping the community grow?
    • Is the applicant mature? How does he/she handle conflict? Can we find any examples of the applicant resolving conflict in the community?
    • Is the applicant trustworthy? Can we find any dishonest behavior associated with the account in question?
    second, it says to PRIVATE MESSAGE an admin :)

Jiggly likes this.
  18. Giovanni

Giovanni Honorable

Credit:
    ¤4
    Rating:
    100%
    6   0   0
    I would like to reapply to be a moderator again. I have sent the required materials in order to do so.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.