• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

I'm thinking of changing my name on Smogon and am struggling to decide on whether I should do it

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
So I was talking with @notsoclutch about this earlier and I'm having an internal conflict about it. I'll just c/p the message I sent to clutch about this in here and I want feedback on what I should do. I'd really appreciate it.

The thing that I'm considering is that I have lots of memories attached to the name "gamer boy" and, as much as I hate to admit it (and as childish as it is), its kinda grown on me over the past three years (in particular over the past month or so). As such its a really hard decision to make, as on the one hand I want to grow up and move on, turn over a new leaf and announce that I'm not under 18 anymore (as will be the case from May 31st onwards) but on the other hand I want to hang onto what I have done over the past three years; the highs, the lows--all if it.

I hope you can understand what I'm saying, and its why I am asking for advice on this. Should I push forward or should I try and hold onto my past?

Last edited:

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I understand your attachment to the name, but please change it LOL

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

image.jpg

As you can see, the rest of the world is not as enthusiastic about me changing my name as Esteemed User™ @Matt_192 is.