• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Is anyone else on here a fan of Studio Ghibli?

Ghibli

Youngster Joey
Credits
I suppose from my name you can deduce I'm a huge Ghibli fan, and I was wondering if anyone else on here might be too! If so, what is your favorite film, and why? If you can pick a favorite, that is :D

I love all of them for different reasons, but if there was one film that I couldn't live without it would probably be Kiki's Delivery Service. Strange choice, I know, but there is something so sweet and innocent about the storyline; a kid going off to live in a faraway place with only her talking cat. The animation is breathtaking, and the music is gorgeous! If you haven't seen it, I can't recommend it enough! It is basically my comfort movie that I watch whenever I'm sad, just like Pokemon is my comfort show, lol :Smug:

Zikuchiri

Youngster Joey
Credits
I love studio Ghibli and all of their films, my favorite films ar Spirited away and Princess Mononoke love the story and characters in those films and i watched them when i was young :3 (can't possibly choose one out of the two)

Ghibli

Youngster Joey
Credits
Princess Mononoke was the very first Ghibli film I ever saw :D I just adore the cute little kodama, and I love the fact that the more villainous characters (Lady Eboshi and Jigo) have both good and bad qualities. Normally I would hate Lady Eboshi because she is trying to destroy the forest and kill all the animals, but the fact that she saves women from prostitution and takes care of lepers redeems her.

I love Spirited Away too. I think my favorite scene is when Sen cleans the river spirit that filthy from all the pollution that people have filled his river with :(

Combustiblelimes

Pokémon Champion
Credits
The Cat's Return and Spirited Away are my two favorites. I watched them a lot growing up and I still love all of them! Kiki's was fantastic! I totally understand why you would love it! :D

Saya Kisaragi

The Void Queen
Donor
Credits
Howl's Moving Castle and Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind are my personal favorite Studio Ghibli movies.