• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Closed June 2015 Tiering Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
This tiering changelog is coming a little early this time, mainly to give those players playing in the upcoming NU tournament some notice about one fairly major tier addition, but more on that shortly! Like I've said previously, these are usually less controversial changes, so this is why they would not belong in a Suspect Test. Also, there would be far too many suspect tests for the amount of changes we wish to do.

Anyways, here is the changelog for June 2015!
Code:
Blaziken - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Mega Blaziken - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Mega Kangaskhan - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Mega Gengar - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Mega Lucario - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Darkrai (no Dark Void) - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Shaymin-S - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Deoxys-N - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Deoxys-S - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Deoxys-A - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Deoxys-D - Doubles Ubers to Doubles OU
Fletchinder - RU to NU

What do you think of these tier changes? What impact do you think they will have on each of the metagames? Comment down below and feel free to discuss. Also, if you would like to raise any other Pokemon to move up/down, feel free to - the Tiering Council appreciate hearing the voices of everyone on the site, and we will discuss them both in this thread and in our separate conversation.

Changes to Showdown will be effective as of the next Server Restart.

cj-97

LUCIOBAAALLLLLLL!
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
King of the Ring
Iron Will
Credits
Finally! I can bring my mega blaziken to things other than VGC now!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Skymin def deserves to be in DOUbles. I was really disappointed when Smogon banned him up. It's not like he has no answers or isn't frail or doesn't provide answers to the domination that is (was?) Lando-T...
I'm a fan of this.
Hey, thanks for responding :) Generally the best way to bring up a Pokemon to rise/fall is to make a full argument as to why they should go up or down instead of just opinion and such :). I know you made a few points but something more indepth would be great :p

We put it in Ubers because we found it simply unhealthy to the meta. Whilst it doesn't exactly force you to teambuild around it or anything like that, it's a very simple strategy in Air Slash + Serene Grace that makes it uncompetitive over anything else. I do admit though that SkyMin is one of those Pokemon that either destroys teams simply due to matchup or due to hax, and sometimes it just fails on either regard. However, almost nothing switches in on a Seed Flare which basically gets a free kill for your partner, and in a metagame with Rock Slide very prevalent, that plus Serene Grace Air Slash just isn't that great to face.

Status
Not open for further replies.