• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Kanto vs Hoenn

EGCP02

Youngster Joey
Credits
I got a question, im in a tourney, region tourney, mine was kanto, take in mind, megas are available and the normal standard rules of competitive, so which pokes you guys recommend vs that region. No ubers

I got gyarados - even mega in mind. but not sure
charizard- mega X - thing is a good counter vs many stuff there
Starmie for rapid spinner
Bold zapdos due to tankiness and heatwave.

But must importantly... which walls or tanks

Metagross can cripple most of the tanks or setters.. at least the one i usually use... weezing, cleafable, and few others.

So which pokes you would tell me to take in mind in the team. they have so many good stuff, jirachi, metagross, gardevoir, gallade, etc.

Last edited:

GiaQuando

The Great Tactician
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Well your mega should be a poke that completes your team I would go with Charizard X or Venusaur Mega and btwGallade is not a Hoenn one :p

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
Kanto vs. Hoenn is interesting. Kanto actually has an edge in terms of power, but Hoenn teams (when built correctly) might actually have the edge in terms of matchup. Anyway, you have an embarrassment of megas you can use, but Zard X is probably the best one at your disposal (assuming tiers are in place). Clefable should also be given a look as it is amazing both in general and against a lot of what you should expect to see. Since Metagross could be an issue, you'll likely want a Slowbro, Zapdos is nice enough as well. The rest are really up to you. Gen 3 is actually pretty weak to venusaur, but it's not nearly as good without it's mega.

EGCP02

Youngster Joey
Credits
Well your mega should be a poke that completes your team I would go with Charizard X or Venusaur Mega and btwGallade is not a Hoenn one :p

Kanto vs. Hoenn is interesting. Kanto actually has an edge in terms of power, but Hoenn teams (when built correctly) might actually have the edge in terms of matchup. Anyway, you have an embarrassment of megas you can use, but Zard X is probably the best one at your disposal (assuming tiers are in place). Clefable should also be given a look as it is amazing both in general and against a lot of what you should expect to see. Since Metagross could be an issue, you'll likely want a Slowbro, Zapdos is nice enough as well. The rest are really up to you. Gen 3 is actually pretty weak to venusaur, but it's not nearly as good without it's mega.

thanks, gonna take in consideration, I was thinking so far this pokes.

Defensive Gyarados careful or impish ( with t wave - Roar )
Mega Charizard
Zapdos with t wave and heat wave ( Bold )
Mew as setter ( Stealth rock, knock off, WOW, and another move ) but like careful
Nidoking scarf with sheer force SPA
the other one I dont know

Got starmie in consideration also, but dont know

What you guys think?

testing