• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Active Loyalty Rewards

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I've seen other sites and even programs in real life that offer Loyalty Rewards or benefits to people who use their product/website/etc for extended period of time frequently.

I thought it'd be interesting to propose loyalty rewards to provide incentive and reward to users who actively participate on the website and do so for long periods of time, Perhaps something as little as 300 PC after 3 months, 1000 PC after a year, etc

The bank has plenty of PC which is funded by donations so it would be going back into the community, 300 PC could be something like 1 pokemon and although it isn't much I thought it'd be a cool way to thank loyal members ^.^

Of course the rates aren't set, just an idea and examples, looking for feedback on the concept, please let me know what you think below!

K

Krelbit

I'd say 30 per 2 weeks activity. Having delayed rewards keeps a user from going to the site. Having frequent smaller rewards instills a sense of security.

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Yah I see people in SB every day and a lot of them have 0 PC. I don't think it should be so much though. I don't see this happening because it will kind of bleed the site income dry, but with the current traffic it wouldn't be stupid to assume ads bring in the same $ as people buying PC on paypal.

Brock

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Tournament Coordinator
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Battler
Credits
Nice Idea I like it encourages users to really be apart of the PP community and I believe it will lead to more members who have great ideas of improving the site or new ideas that will help the site grow and reach new heights.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
Yah I see people in SB every day and a lot of them have 0 PC. I don't think it should be so much though. I don't see this happening because it will kind of bleed the site income dry, but with the current traffic it wouldn't be stupid to assume ads bring in the same $ as people buying PC on paypal.

"Bleed The Site Dry"

o.o

Small payouts over the course of months to users who stay active from the bank account that has tons of PC stocked up that is donated doesn't seem like it'd make too significant of an impact

It wouldn't me a large quantity just something to know we appreciate you guys coming back and being supportive/loyal

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
its great in all , but then things like tournys exc are gonna have to be higher price to make up for it :/

Even if it wasn't PC it could be something like after 3 months you PM me and I give out a pokemon, how do you feel about that?

It wouldn't be every account that passes the date just those who remain active enough to collect the rewards

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Even if it wasn't PC it could be something like after 3 months you PM me and I give out a pokemon, how do you feel about that?

It wouldn't be every account that passes the date just those who remain active enough to collect the rewards

how about extra titles under your names on forums. "Veteran member." or something. Like a banner.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
how about extra titles under your names on forums. "Veteran member." or something. Like a banner.

Iirc we want to limit the amount of banners under names, that sounds like a good idea I just don't know how on board doulie and co is about the whole banner thing

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Iirc we want to limit the amount of banners under names, that sounds like a good idea I just don't know how on board doulie and co is about the whole banner thing

badge? stuff like that? Im sure he will b e more cool with free stuff than giving away PC

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
badge? stuff like that? Im sure he will b e more cool with free stuff than giving away PC

Badges are for gyms and championships I think, Bank has a lot of PC from donations, that would be recycled back to the people for supporting the site, it's just a suggestion I also suggested pokemon from my stock, I was getting feedback on concepts rather than details atm

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
Badges are for gyms and championships I think, Bank has a lot of PC from donations, that would be recycled back to the people for supporting the site, it's just a suggestion I also suggested pokemon from my stock, I was getting feedback on concepts rather than details atm

wouldn't donations just be for the site owner to keep. I mean thats what I am thinking tbh :/. I rather just have more content than free PC. It would be cool if we could slowly end the forums and have this as an actual database website and have forums on the side. Just my opinion.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
wouldn't donations just be for the site owner to keep. I mean thats what I am thinking tbh :/. I rather just have more content than free PC. It would be cool if we could slowly end the forums and have this as an actual database website and have forums on the side. Just my opinion.

I'm not sure what more content means tbh, If not PC then pokemon as i mentioned above

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
I'm not sure what more content means tbh, If not PC then pokemon as i mentioned above

By more content I mean an improved site. We still havent got that wiki up which had me excited. I think with the traffic this site gets we could easily be as big as some of the other databases if we attracted people in.

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
By more content I mean an improved site. We still havent got that wiki up which had me excited. I think with the traffic this site gets we could easily be as big as some of the other databases if we attracted people in.

That's a WIP and a big one at that, it'll come in time

Anyways fair enough

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
That's a WIP and a big one at that, it'll come in time

Anyways fair enough

I have yet to see a lot of info on it. Do you know exactly what its going to be like? Is it going to be like smogons build search?

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
I have yet to see a lot of info on it. Do you know exactly what its going to be like? Is it going to be like smogons build search?

If you want to talk about the wiki feel free to PM me, not looking to derail the thread ^.^

testing