• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Major Pokemon Expansion???

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The World Cup is approaching, and Japan is in it. Who is their mascot? None other than Pikachu! The have advertisement banners depicting kalos and kanto pokemon, and Nintendo is getting a huge advertisement block. The World Cup is more widely viewed than the Olympics. Do you think this event will raise the audience number significantly? Or is this gonna be looked over and not be a big affect on the pokemon community?

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I doubt this will draw in a new crowd, but it might remind people of the game when they see it, and maybe they'll go back and play a little.

I doubt this will have a huge impact on our site, or sites similar to us. The people who would see this advertisement and pick Pokemon back up are probably not the type of people who are into competitive battling or even collecting shinies. There might be a few people who really get into it but I doubt there will be many, if any.

But that's just my guess. ^_^

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I hope so but I think most people that game should know about pokemon
Pokemon isn't all that popular in countries other than Japan and the US. I feel this could really make the pokemon community grow, but like Sebe said, I don't think it will effect the competitive scene, not for at least a couple years. They may grow into competitive battlers, but it is unlikely...

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Pokemon isn't all that popular in countries other than Japan and the US. I feel this could really make the pokemon community grow, but like Sebe said, I don't think it will effect the competitive scene, not for at least a couple years. They may grow into competitive battlers, but it is unlikely...

And because of that, I doubt we'll see a physical presence of more users on this site or other fan sites.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
And because of that, I doubt we'll see a physical presence of more users on this site or other fan sites.
I agree, in the short term, in a couple years they may be molded by the game and join, but you never know...

NotThatGuy

Pokémon Champion
Credits
Pokemon is actually popular in Ireland considering its population

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits