• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Matt_192's Belated Welcome

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Lol I didn't even know this was here....

So HI

Most of you guys know me by now, but I thought I'd make a thread about me. So hello, I'm Matt_192, my name is Matt (quite obviously :p) and I've been into Pokemon for around 10 years now. My first game was Pearl, but I immediately got into RSE and Crystal when I got a Game Boy Advance and Game Boy Colour. My interests in competitive battling only really picked up in around 2011, where I joined Pokemon Online, and then Pokemon Showdown a few years later. Although I do play singles, my main niche is in VGC, and I have been playing since 2010, finishing 20th in UK Seniors this year (moving into the big leagues next year :3 ). Prior to my introduction to competitive, I was still probably the best in the school, so no one could really challenge me, and when I finally got into competitive, I finally felt like I still had a lot more to learn.

Like I said above, I first got into VGC in 2010 with Heart Gold / Soul Silver. If you don't know what VGC style battling is, it is a Nintendo created gamemode where you bring 6 Pokemon, choose 4, then play a doubles match. In 2010, I was still in Juniors, but still got into Top 16 without even knowing what an EV was. When I finally made a competitive team in 2011 as I went into Seniors, I did terribly, and that year inspired me to go back every year and win (something that I still pledge to do). My first positive year after that was in 2013 - the year that Swiss was introduced to the UK, and I've finished 21st and 20th over these two years. My main team revolved around ScarfTar, and it cemented it as one of my favourite Pokes.

I finally found Perfect Pokemon just this Summer, but it is hands down my favourite community of all. It seems to be the best place to find the Pokemon you want, as well as being able to talk to some great people, despite only about 3 people I know actually having an interest in Pokemon itself. Now, after a few weeks of everyone getting to know me, I've finally made my introduction, and I hope to become a bigger and better player on this site!

But until then, thanks for reading, and see ya
Matt_192 - #winterpride

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Nice to meet you sir. :)

McCloud

Aloof Wolf
Donor
Credits
Welcome to the site! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to PM me. :)

testing