• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Open Mega Kangaskhan vs. Mega Salamence

MistaVista

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hello everyone,

which is for Doubles better?
Mega Kangaskhan can use Power Up Punch to make damage and to boost her atk *2 with her ability.
But Mega Salamence is bulkyer and has more Speed. With his ability Return get a 30% boost and ist STAB.

And, and, and...

So I need your help with a good argumentation in your opinion.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
In my opinion, Mega Kang wins this.

Parental Bond gives it a higher attack boost than mSalamence straight off, to boost moves like Double-edge and Return. It also gets STAB access to Fake Out to really cripple leads, or help setup your own Pokemon. mKang also has the ability to destroy Substitutes and then hit the Pokemon itself, as well as breaking Focus Sash and KO'ing said Pokemon.

The issue with mSalamence is that it's built to sweep, and almost requires a DD to do so. This means that it's reliant on more support than Mega Kang is. mSalamence does have its fair share of advantages though

A strong special movepool allows it to run special or mixed sets, whereas Mega Kangaskhan does not have the power to abuse its decent special moves. However, mSalamence has no way of boosting said special moves, which could leave them lacking in power in the long run.

To sum up, I would easily say that mKangaskhan is the better option, although mSalamence has its fair share of niches. After playing VGC'14 for a very long time, mKang dominated the metagame and this really hasn't changed in 2015, constantly being in the top 3 most used Pokemon.

Torgr676

Youngster Joey
Credits
Matt said it the best imo. it's more what your looking for and your team needs than who is better tbh.

testing