• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Mega Metagross confirmed!

FrostedYukio

Pokémon Champion
Credits
With the newly leaked CoroCoro July 2014 we now have Mega Metagross. I hope it has Iron Fist

corocoro814.jpg

corocoro8142.jpg

toned21

Youngster Joey
Credits
So hyped! That looks awesome!!!!!!!!

Gold 2.0

The Immortal Dragon Underdog with a Heart of Steel
Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

Tcherri88

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Iron Fist? o_O
That would be a terrible ability being as the only punching moves Metagross carries are Ice Punch and Bullet Punch. That would be an absolute waste of an ability and have little to no competitive use on Metagross in my opinion.
And meteor mash, but ya. I agree

kankuro236

Pokémon Champion
Team Elite
Credits
I mean I can't really think of an ability for it besides maybe Filter

MaliciousMango

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
If Mega Metagross got Huge Power that would be insane, realistically tho I wouldn't be surprised if it got levitate.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Mega Metagross's confirmed ability is Tough Claws. It's also getting a huge boost in speed.
Along with a boost in attack, special attack, and both defenses.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Gets Tough Claws, and raises in all stats, mainly speed. So happy for this thing :)

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
This thing gets Grass Knot which is the only special contact move. That could make a mixed set very viable, given its boosted SpA stat.

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
That moment in the 47th second where the shifty thinks it's a good idea to hit blaziken with a leaf blade

or at the end... where mega-metagross hits swampert with a meteor mash, if im seeing that correct...

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
That was an OHKO idk what you're saying.
still not the best choice... i dint see it was ohko tho X.x just watched it again, and the video ends right after the hit, u dont see it faint

FonZ

Youngster Joey
Credits
It's a Mega Metagross.
It was an OHKO.
Could you explain how that can OHKO a pretty bulky def. pokemon with 1 nve physical attack move?

252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swampert on a critical hit: 135-160 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

pretty sure mega evolving wont make you 3 times stronger... and that was a crit too...

Gold 2.0

Staff member
Mod
Donor
Credits
Could you explain how that can OHKO a pretty bulky def. pokemon with 1 nve physical attack move?

252+ Atk Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Swampert on a critical hit: 135-160 (39.5 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

pretty sure mega evolving wont make you 3 times stronger... and that was a crit too...
+1 252+ Atk Tough Claws Metagross Meteor Mash vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Swampert on a critical hit: 191-225 (47.2 - 55.6%) -- 21.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
(191, 193, 195, 198, 200, 202, 204, 207, 209, 211, 213, 216, 218, 220, 222, 225)

Remove the leftovers and add tough claws and, buddy, you've got a bopped Swampert :) At least, if we're talkin about crits

testing