• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Mega Sableye

toned21

Youngster Joey
Credits
How does everyone feel about mega sableye? I honestly hate its design and don't think it will be that good.

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Sableye is such a pain in the butt right now that Mega will probably make me commit seppuku. I do like the design though; he's peeking out from behind his crystal. Pretty cute

toned21

Youngster Joey
Credits
Sableye is such a pain in the butt right now that Mega will probably make me commit seppuku. I do like the design though; he's peeking out from behind his crystal. Pretty cute
I think the crystal thing is cool also, but the sableye himself i don't think looks like he changed that much.

fizzy

Youngster Joey
Credits
I hope his ability changes from Prankster to something else. A more offensive Sableye could be interesting but if the Mega keeps Prankster and has higher base stats I will not be a happy camper.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I hope he gets two evos. The trailer one would be ruby, and the sapphire one could have two small gems that act like disc blades. It could be offensive. The new one looks defensive, which is nice because it will get the priority will-o still, and then also gain his new ability (if he gets one)

toned21

Youngster Joey
Credits
I hope he gets two evos. The trailer one would be ruby, and the sapphire one could have two small gems that act like disc blades. It could be offensive. The new one looks defensive, which is nice because it will get the priority will-o still, and then also gain his new ability (if he gets one)
Yeah that would be a good move by gamefreak.

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits

And the gem changes color depending on the game! (Ruby = red, Sapphire = blue)

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
My Brother will be thrilled. Sableye looks the same, just with more demonic eyes. And the Gem looks like a freaking rupee (Hes a big Zelda fan and this is his all star number one favorite pokemon.) Maybe they might have different colors, rubies, sapphires, emeralds, crystals, & diamonds.

Eclipzer

Youngster Joey
Credits
I have to say: I currently use my beloved Rotom-W Dual Screen and Sableye for WoW and -Special Attack Priority Move to absolutely troll the enemy.
Im waiting so hard for nintendo to release his ability for the mega-evolution since i'll start building a new team ( like everyone else lol) around this little cute gem d00d :)

Sableye needed an evolution since Gen5 and never got anything, i think its fair and square for him to get a new mega - especially when you consider how hard he's carrying my teams to 1,790 the last couple of days.
Im also looking foward to that tanky / bulky version of sableye who - as we all know - lacks some base HP to be more effective.
Otherwise, he would troll even more with more bulk in this current state of the game.

Thats my 2 Cents ;p

Philipp

McRiddles

Enigmatic
Donor
Credits
Confirmed data on Mega Sableye

Mega Sableye
Dark/Ghost
Ability: Magic Bounce
+ Defense
+ SpAtk
- Spe

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
I like the design tbh, hoping for a large boost to defense. Here's my predictions:
Sableye: 50/75/75/65/65/50
Mega Sableye: 50/85/115/100/95/40

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Yeah that would be a good move by gamefreak.
I like the idea, but then again, why should Sableye get the attention? I think in the original games, Sableye was exclusive to Ruby. Maybe a Pokemon that was exclusive to Sapphire will get the Offensive boost.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Mega Sableye will be overshadowed by its normal form due to Prankster. That is quite literally the only reason it is used atm

Similarly, Magic Bounce is a great ability, but not great if it isn't a base ability, meaning that it will be difficult for Mega Sableye to block SR etc.

MegaUmbreon

Pokémon Champion
Donor
Credits
Mega Sableye will be overshadowed by its normal form due to Prankster. That is quite literally the only reason it is used atm

Similarly, Magic Bounce is a great ability, but not great if it isn't a base ability, meaning that it will be difficult for Mega Sableye to block SR etc.

Yeah without Prankster, it'd be a pretty bad pokemon. It's only annoying because it can recover before you can hit it with a move (and Will-o-wisp, and taunt)

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
hope mega sabeleye has really high defences to shrug off hits to make it useful or else with the vast variety of megas available and ability to go mega once per battle would really make its appearances small innumber

testing