• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Mega Sableye

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Prankster was a cool ability for sabeleye but seeing the weight it carries it cannot play pranks any more but still magic bounce is nice too

Giovanni

Honorable
Credits
Prankster was a cool ability for sabeleye but seeing the weight it carries it cannot play pranks any more but still magic bounce is nice too
Mega Sableye is going to suck, Prankster was the reason why it had any use in the first place.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
How does everyone feel about mega sableye? I honestly hate its design and don't think it will be that good.
I feel that it might be lower tier defensive pokemon but I believe that it won't be that useful. You never know. Weaker pokemon can be strong when used correctly. I think the design could have been better though.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I feel that it might be lower tier defensive pokemon but I believe that it won't be that useful. You never know. Weaker pokemon can be strong when used correctly. I think the design could have been better though.
I think it was designed to be a tank. Who knows, you may see one on my team soon. :D

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Mega Sableye will see no use on in smogon matches as the whole reason why Sableye is UU ATM is due to Prankster.

Joshua69

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
I think it was designed to be a tank. Who knows, you may see one on my team soon. :D
Well if it learns the right moves it could be a good tank

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
It really won't. The whole way that Sableye became good was due to Prankster, and Magic Bounce is just so bad an ability for a Pokémon to gain post-mega - especially when they're giving up one as good as Prankster - that it will see probably about 1% usage for Sableye's sets, and it will become obscure - moreso than Mega Banette.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
It really won't. The whole way that Sableye became good was due to Prankster, and Magic Bounce is just so bad an ability for a Pokémon to gain post-mega - especially when they're giving up one as good as Prankster - that it will see probably about 1% usage for Sableye's sets, and it will become obscure - moreso than Mega Banette.
I'm going to use the poor fellow as a calm mind sweeper. It's going to be fun watching others struggle to dent me when burnt and after a boost to its defense. Use prankster to use will o wisp before losing prankster and get your massive special attack and defense boosts. This will then allow for an easy enough setup. Because of magic bounce, Sableye doesn't need to worry about toxic and the only things that should be able to break sableye after a boost or two is a lucky crit or Azumarill.

Last edited:

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
I'm going to use the poor fellow as a calm mind sweeper. It's going to be fun watching others struggle to dent me when burnt and after a boost to its defense. Use prankster to use will o wisp before losing prankster and get your massive special attack and defense boosts. This will then allow for an easy enough setup. Because of magic bounce, Sableye doesn't need to worry about toxic and the only things that should be able to break sableye after a boost or two is a lucky crit or Azumarill.
True. But even then M-Sableye shouldn't be the first choice for a team needing a CM sweeper. M-Slowbro will do the job much better overall due to Shell Armour and access to STAB Psyshock, as well as Oblivious pre-mega, letting it switch in on Taunt users and timing its mega evolution well to avoid being Taunted before it accumulates enough boosts.

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
True. But even then M-Sableye shouldn't be the first choice for a team needing a CM sweeper. M-Slowbro will do the job much better overall due to Shell Armour and access to STAB Psyshock, as well as Oblivious pre-mega, letting it switch in on Taunt users and timing its mega evolution well to avoid being Taunted before it accumulates enough boosts.
True, but Sableye has the ability to run only one attack because of it's dark type stab. Both water and psychic have to deal with dark types or certain abilities.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
True, but Sableye has the ability to run only one attack because of it's dark type stab. Both water and psychic have to deal with dark types or certain abilities.
CM + Psyshock + Scald + Fire Blast / Slack Off for M-Slowbro, Will-O, CM, Recover, Dark Pulse for M-Sableye

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Nah, it won't be as obscure as mBanette. mSableye has that niche in his nice defences, plus access to CM which it can use quite effectively. Sure, it loses out on Prankster, but you can argue that that isn't it's mega form's role.

Martin

I'm just kinda here
Donor
Credits
Nah, it won't be as obscure as mBanette. mSableye has that niche in his nice defences, plus access to CM which it can use quite effectively. Sure, it loses out on Prankster, but you can argue that that isn't it's mega form's role.
Yeah. Since I posted that i have tried out most of the megas and Mega Sableye has a big niche in that it is only reliably beaten by 1 SR user - M-Diancie. Its nice in OU.

Tobay

Youngster Joey
Credits
I'm battling with a pretty annoying shiny mega sableye.
I do like the design and work on sableye and aswell how the emerald jumps out of his breast and transforms into a huge shield.

testing