• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Mega Steelix and Glalie Join the Battle!

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
So today, new scans have come in from the demo detailing two new megas - Mega Steelix and Mega Glalie! Let's start out with some pictures

glalie.jpg

steelix.jpg

Mega Steelix is confirmed to get the ability Sand Force, but not many details have currently been confirmed - I will continually update this thread when new information arises.
EDIT: Glalie is now confirmed to be a pure Ice type with the ability Refrigerate

Other new news has also come, with the Global Link now containing a special 'ORAS League,' in which you can only use Pokemon caught during regular gameplay (this is through Eggs, Obtained within the Game/XY or any Pokemon gifted in XY/ORAS. Poketransporter Pokemon are also allowed).

Season 7, which will be the first battle season of ORAS, now has battle rules up! All battles are Double Battles, and will use Pokemon in the Hoenn Regional Dex (although some are excluded - no details given on which aren't)

The Pokenav Plus has now been upgraded to include the DexNav feature, where you can find Pokemon. As the level of the device increases, you can see Pokemon with Hidden Abilities and Rare Moves. You can even mark Pokémon in the area that you have seen and haven't seen. It also includes the AreaNav, which tracks Pokemon locations, and brings the return of the 'Trainer's Eyes' feature and the ability to track Secret Bases/Berries. BuzzNav has information to do with television shows, and more information can be received about this on StreetPass. PlayNav keeps all the features of the PSS, Super Training and Pokémon Amie.

EDIT 2: Character Customisation has been confirmed not to be in ORAS

I'm loving all these ideas, and I'll leave you with photos.

15.jpg
20.jpg
28.jpg
36.jpg
37.jpg
38.jpg
42.jpg
43.jpg
45.jpg
50.jpg
49.jpg
58.jpg
67.jpg
70.jpg
73.jpg
41.jpg

As usual, drop a comment below on what you think, and I'll see you guys next time :p

Last edited:

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
I'm hoping glalie is an ice fairy with increased speed and something like a metronome ability for increased power in attacks if used in succession. Could be an interesting ability if nothing else and fits the theme of a snowball that I always assumed glalie was.

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
EDIT: New screenshots revealed!
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg
78.jpg
79.jpg
80.jpg
81.jpg
82.jpg
83.jpg
84.jpg
85.jpg
86.jpg
87.jpg
88.jpg
90.jpg
92.jpg
94.jpg

Dom

The People's Champ
Staff member
Admin
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Let It Reign
Iron Will
Credits
So from me that's gonna be a no on steelix and a much deserved yes on the glalie xD

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Refridgerate Explosion. Prepare your anus!
Seconded. This thing will be amazing as a Suicide Lead.

252+ Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Chansey: 556-655 (86.6 - 102%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO

Also, I think Showdown's Calculator gets Pixilate/Refrigerate/Aerilate calcs wrong (not sure on this). However, this is with Glalie's old attack stat.

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
That is the coolest things I have ever seen. Eon Flute. May not need it cause I already have my latias. I just need the mega stone

Mawile6222

Pokémon Champion
Credits
So steelix and Glalie have a mega, must mean than froslass is getting one. But where is flygon?

Matt_192

Official Server Crasher
Staff member
Admin
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Dex Contributor
Credits
Getting KOed 9 times over by Glalie
252 Atk Refrigerate Glalie Explosion vs. 0 HP / 0- Def Flygon: 2368-2788 (786.7 - 926.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO :eek:
I wish I could favourite posts right now xD

TheNexGen

Pokémon Champion
Credits
steelix is gonna be too op, especially against fairy type, hes gonna be on my team for sure:D

adishu

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
hope mega steelix got filter would have been like ten times better than sand force.Really cool design though

testing