• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

#Mudkip'sGuide | Breeding | Incomplete

Did you find this helpful?

• No. Some information was incorrect or hard to understand.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nin_3536

Youngster Joey
Credits
ditto.gif
Pokémon Breeders Guide
Key_Oval_Charm_Sprite.png

A Mudkip's Guide to Breeding!
In a world where everyone is out to have the best of the best when it comes to Pokémon, many have turned to that ancient art of Breeding to satisfy their Pokémon desires of a perfect team. I am here to teach you the ins and outs when it comes to doing what I do best: Pokémon Breeding. Whether you are completely new to the noble tradition of Breeding or just need a refresher on the subject, this Breeders Guide will get you on the fast track to Breeding success!

This Breeders Guide is currently incomplete! I am adding more information to it soon!

Table of Contents
Introduction
Ditto and Egg Groups

Breeding Moves
IV Breeding

Introduction
Breeding can be an extremely tedious and sometimes boring process, but with the right attitude and a little Mudkip advice, you will be enjoying your new Pokémon team that you created! Breeding comes with many pros and cons. You can breed for certain abilities on a Pokémon, breed for certain moves that a Pokémon can only learn through breeding, or even breed or Individual Values on Pokémon! The possibilities are limitless.

Now to begin, you need to know the general rules of thumb when it comes to breeding. Two Pokémon can breed if left in the daycare center. When certain conditions are met, an egg is laid. These conditions are:

• The two Pokémon are of the same egg group.
  • The Pokémon are of opposite sex. Exception: Breeding with Ditto or Genderless Pokémon.
The amount of time it takes for an egg to be produced is varied depending on the ID Values and natures of the parents. Typically, the ID Values determine the chance. If you speak to the daycare man outside of the daycare he should say something that will tell you the egg's chance of being laid.
Now the rate of a Pokémon egg being laid is as follows: "After every 256 steps, the chance is taken and if the random value is selected to allow for an egg, the egg shall be created for you to pick up at the Day Care center. If no egg is produced, then you need to go back and partake in another 256 steps."

Ditto and Egg Groups
Now you're probably thinking: "I have heard all of this talk about Egg Groups, but what exactly is an Egg Group?" Well, only certain Pokémon can breed with certain Pokémon. For instance, a Pikachu can not breed with a Magikarp. That would be absurd... and kind of gross. So Pokémon are categorized down into Egg Groups; a group of Pokémon compatible with each other. These groups are based on the Pokémon's appearance and there are 15 of them. Similarly to Pokémon types, many Pokémon have 2 Egg Groups to increase breeding variety. The Egg Groups are:
  1. Monster Group: Pokémon in this group are saurian/kaijū-like in appearance and nature.
  2. Water 1 Group: Pokémon in this group are amphibious in nature.
  3. Bug Group: Pokémon in this group are insectoid (bug-like) in appearance.
  4. Flying Group: Pokémon in this group are avian (bird-like) in appearance.
  5. Field Group: The largest group, Pokémon here are terrestrial in nature.
  6. Fairy Group: Pokémon in this group are petite and considered very cute.
  7. Grass Group: Pokémon in this group are plant-like in appearance.
  8. Human-Like Group: Pokémon in this group are fully bipedal.
  9. Water 3 Group: Pokémon in this group resemble aquatic invertebrates.
  10. Mineral Group: Pokémon in this group are inorganic in nature.
  11. Amorphous Group: Pokémon in this group are amorphous, having no definite form.
  12. Water 2 Group: Pokémon in this group are piscine (fish-like) in appearance.
  13. Ditto Group: As the name implies, Ditto is the only Pokémon in this group, and is capable of breeding with all others (regardless of gender) aside from those in the Undiscovered and the Ditto group.
  14. Dragon Group: Pokémon in this group are draconic in appearance.
  15. Undiscovered Group: Pokémon in this group are unable to breed with anything.
Ditto is the magical Pokémon that can breed with all Pokémon in any group except the Ditto Group and Undiscovered Group. It can assume to role of either the male or female in the mating process. Ditto is the only Pokémon capable of breeding with genderless Pokémon.

Last edited:

Nin_3536

Youngster Joey
Credits
hmm... I just realized there is no way to edit that title... So I guess this Guide is forever Incomplete! Pokémon will have to keep adding new things to breeding so I am never done updating this... lol

Serythe

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Coming along great so far! Keep up the great work. Breeding is by no means an easy subject to tackle lol.

testing