• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Need help building a sand team

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Um Magnezone solo reason to be here is to deal with Skarmory who wall the whole team. If remove him then how to deal with Skarmory then? Skarmory and Mega Zam i fear not fit for the task
Skarmory is crippled by special attacks as well as its primary offensive move being brave bird. Magnezone seems to be giving the team more problems that it is helping if only because it is there to purely kill Skarm, whereas a special mega can do more

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
idk why matty suggested band over scarf lolz mebbe to intimidate the opponent and force a swap and hit the mon that swapped in harder? otherwise idk

skarmory>magzone for sure its far more bulky and covers ur weaknesses

And mega zam is def a good choice for ur team right now most of ur team looks like physical attackers it'll be good to have speedy strong special attacker on ur team and like phenix said its good for swap in's on SR and the like

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
idk why matty suggested band over scarf lolz mebbe to intimidate the opponent and force a swap and hit the mon that swapped in harder? otherwise idk

skarmory>magzone for sure its far more bulky and covers ur weaknesses

And mega zam is def a good choice for ur team right now most of ur team looks like physical attackers it'll be good to have speedy strong special attacker on ur team and like phenix said its good for swap in's on SR and the like
Then what set of Zam you recommend? I only got a Timid one at the momend but i heard Mega Zam run Modest

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Then what set of Zam you recommend? I only got a Timid one at the momend but i heard Mega Zam run Modest
Yeah, modest is probably better to get more power out of it. You've got 150 speed, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You could even run HP fire if you're worried about steels

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Yeah, modest is probably better to get more power out of it. You've got 150 speed, so I wouldn't worry too much about that. You could even run HP fire if you're worried about steels
Then how about keeping a Mega on Garchomp and used Sash or Life Orb on Zam? Keep Magic Guard mean keep his immunity to hazards, sand and status something that Mega Zam lack

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
I suppose u could do that but regular zam is a little lack luster so to speak

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Yeah, the biggest problem with normal Zam is its overall lack of power (when not using LO) and the fact that it's slower than a lot of threats, including but not limited to Talonflame, Greninja, and Weavile.

It's really iffy though. With weather teams, it's really hard to find the right fit.

Though, I will say that Greninja would definitely give this team some problems.

Ary

Scare Queen
Will Not Fall
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Iron Will
Credits
Yeah, the biggest problem with normal Zam is its overall lack of power (when not using LO) and the fact that it's slower than a lot of threats, including but not limited to Talonflame, Greninja, and Weavile.

It's really iffy though. With weather teams, it's really hard to find the right fit.

Though, I will say that Greninja would definitely give this team some problems.
I don't see it giving any problems if its sashed sandstorm breaks and mega zam will outspeed and ohko..... if its orbed u lose 1 mon and ohko with mega zam lolz

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
I don't see it giving any problems if its sashed sandstorm breaks and mega zam will outspeed and ohko..... if its orbed u lose 1 mon and ohko with mega zam lolz
?
he's talking about not using MegaZam, so Greninja's faster

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Isn't Greninja banned from OU now?
And Alakazam had Magic Guard so sand won't damage it
About Talonflame, neither Life Orb Zam or Mega Zam can outspeed it. Sash Zam may stand a chace though

phenix

Rise Again
Team Elite
Credits
Isn't Greninja banned from OU now?
And Alakazam had Magic Guard so sand won't damage it
About Talonflame, neither Life Orb Zam or Mega Zam can outspeed it. Sash Zam may stand a chace though
Greninja isn't banned here, just Smogon
and honestly, you shouldn't really have a Talonflame problem with this team.

Anyway...it's just not worth it to run a Mega Garchomp. The point we were trying to make is that it's slow. Even taking away Greninja, there are plenty of things that outspeed and carry ice moves.

PokemonFan

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Greninja isn't banned here, just Smogon
and honestly, you shouldn't really have a Talonflame problem with this team.

Anyway...it's just not worth it to run a Mega Garchomp. The point we were trying to make is that it's slow. Even taking away Greninja, there are plenty of things that outspeed and carry ice moves.
You have a point there. I trying finding another Mega then