• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

Need help building doubles championship team

Metal_matty

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Life orb let u get more advantage of the enemies switchin and predict
U need a protect anyway, or the koko is too much vulnerable, if they set TR have one dead turn is so useful

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Life orb let u get more advantage of the enemies switchin and predict
U need a protect anyway, or the koko is too much vulnerable, if they set TR have one dead turn is so useful
No one said to use anything other than Life Orb. But I think you're overestimating Koko's firepower.
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal in Electric Terrain: 105-125 (59.3 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele in Electric Terrain: 74-87 (41.8 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Oranguru in Electric Terrain: 75-90 (38 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Electric Terrain: 48-58 (25 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu in Electric Terrain: 42-49 (23.7 - 27.6%) -- 75.8% chance to 4HKO
I don't think, if u know how to play the two together they can make a lot of pressure , alolan raichu with electric surge gets quitly the best speed of the game
Yeah, sure. But that only counts for so much. If I can tank your hit and OHKO you back, what then? If I can negate your speed control JUST by switching, it's not good speed control. Why not just use Tailwind? That works for all your pokemon.
252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Raichu-Alola in Grassy Terrain: 183-216 (134.5 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That calc is literally as tanky as Raichu can get. It cannot kill Bulu, and it cannot survive Bulu. The same goes for Lele.
And that team is not going to stop TR from getting up and putting you at a disadvantage.

Metal_matty

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
No one said to use anything other than Life Orb. But I think you're overestimating Koko's firepower.
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Torkoal in Electric Terrain: 105-125 (59.3 - 70.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Lele in Electric Terrain: 74-87 (41.8 - 49.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Oranguru in Electric Terrain: 75-90 (38 - 45.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 76+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2 in Electric Terrain: 48-58 (25 - 30.2%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Tapu Koko Discharge vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Tapu Bulu in Electric Terrain: 42-49 (23.7 - 27.6%) -- 75.8% chance to 4HKO

Yeah, sure. But that only counts for so much. If I can tank your hit and OHKO you back, what then? If I can negate your speed control JUST by switching, it's not good speed control. Why not just use Tailwind? That works for all your pokemon.
252+ Atk Tapu Bulu Wood Hammer vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Raichu-Alola in Grassy Terrain: 183-216 (134.5 - 158.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
That calc is literally as tanky as Raichu can get. It cannot kill Bulu, and it cannot survive Bulu. The same goes for Lele.
And that team is not going to stop TR from getting up and putting you at a disadvantage.
Okay , btw the lele can't ohko raichu and uf they switch in with bulu, u can switch out

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Then tell me senpai how do I use ur original team build I don't understand it
Main strat is super straight forward. Drought Torkoal. You have two options. First is usually to set up TR with Oranguru, and procede to Instruct Eruptions. The second option is to use a speed boosted Lilligant to After You onto Torkoal, letting it go first and...Eruption.
Garchomp comes with Fire Fang coverage, a la Miguelle de la Torre's London Team, covers Ice types and Grass types. Poison Jab for Tapus and Fae. Can EQ spam with Celesteela.
Celesteela for stall. Another Tapu Killer. Can also do work against opposing Ground and Poison types.
Milotic for Intimidate deterrence. Also carrying Recover to help stall and chip in less than favorable matchups.
This is a fairly safe team. It doesn't take much to use it.

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Okay , btw the lele can't ohko raichu and uf they switch in with bulu, u can switch out
Yes, you can. And once you switch out, then we're no longer playing this matchup. So the point is moot.
7 teams in the Top 16 at London used Tapu Koko.
3 of them used Raichu.
1 of those Raichu did not have a Koko.
So sure. It CAN work. But it's situational. And I wouldn't recommend it to a beginner player, because they aren't going to know the yomi layers involved in working around the counter play that any VGC climber worth their salt is going to know.