• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Pokémon Artwork (By me) + techniques

ImortalMew

Youngster Joey
Credits
Hello this is my first Pokémon Fan art , is a "manual" design, more hard for me is always the sketch , because if you do this wrong all Design ruins.
I am trying to improve my art ,please give a note to artwork.
I hope you like.

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Very cute, I'm assuming you're using pastels + markers for most of the colouring here? For traditional art, have you tried full coloured pencils, water colour painting, or copic markers? I find these types of colouring to flow together a lot nicer, and you can do some crazy stuff with them. The coloured pencils are a person favourite of mine, as they're a cheaper option, have a large selection of colours, and look amazing if done correctly. I don't have much experience with water colouring, but I've seen a lot of great stuff done with them. And copic markers, while the most expensive option for sure, are just amazing.

Great job overall, I like the Pokemon and setting you chose here for your art. :)

Becidot

Youngster Joey
Credits
super cute!
I love the way you've colored the pikachu
could I suggest you try soft shading? it might look cool in your coloring style!