• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Site Pokemon Ban List: VOTE HERE (Ends April 12th)

What ban list do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
We heard your cry...
and are making a change. Vote for the new site official ban list above and on April 12th we will officially change the ban list. We want to hear everyone's opinions so comment below as well but make sure to vote in the poll! Thanks for your patience on this subject :)

-Mynor

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Neither! I prefer that we make our own list! #letitbeheard

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
The following is true:
The current system is making our own list technically :)
But I feel that if we had a community made ban list, it would be nice! I feel more people would pay attention to the rules, if they were part of the democratic decision making! I feel that we should use the current system for now, but start working at creating our own system!

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
The current system is making our own list technically :)
i think we should start with the current system or battle spot and then we just take a poll ever week/month on what we feel should be voted on being banned and let the community decide.

Edit: Sort of like starting our own tiering system.

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
i think we should start with the current system or battle spot and then we just take a poll ever week/month on what we feel should be voted on being banned and let the community decide.
Vote current system and this will happen :) Doulie talked about becoming our own system where we actually test and ban pokemon, keep to a few smogon rules but also vote on certain things. I think we should actually start with smogon rules and edit it from there :)

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
The following is true:

But I feel that if we had a community made ban list, it would be nice! I feel more people would pay attention to the rules, if they were part of the democratic decision making! I feel that we should use the current system for now, but start working at creating our own system!
Read the comment I told Andrew :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Vote current system and this will happen :) Doulie talked about becoming our own system where we actually test and ban pokemon, keep to a few smogon rules but also vote on certain things. I think we should actually start with smogon rules and edit it from there :)
Yay!!! #smogonisntperfpkmn

doulie

King of the Ring
Staff member
Admin
Credits

Gym Badges

I would like for us to develop our own set of competitive rules and banlist, that isn't afraid to differ from Smogon's when we feel is necessary.

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
I would like for us to develop our own set of competitive rules and banlist, that isn't afraid to differ from Smogon's when we feel is necessary.
I'm not afraid to differ from smogon ethier, just certain clauses they implement should be present with our own for example instead of banning mega gengar all together just ban the use of Shadow Tag + Perish Song, and it ruins that broken moveset.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
I'm glad to have @doulie on my side for this one!

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I'm not afraid to differ from smogon ethier, just certain clauses they implement should be present with our own for example instead of banning mega gengar all together just ban the use of Shadow Tag + Perish Song, and it ruins that broken moveset.
We will eventually do tests and votes to change the ban list such as smogon does Andrew so don't worry, stuff like that won't happen for long :)

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits
Honestly I just want Jirachi to be legal as you've all probably heard me say xD
It's my favorite pokemon and all and there are other pokemon out there that are way more annoying!

I could write a rant type thingy going on about why Jirachi should be legal here and give examples! haha
Also I want to use Jirachi for my gym because there aren't many good physical attacking psychic types out there
and Jirachi isn't a very good option for my ubers spot because it's not very... ubers xD better options out there!

hmmm maybe keldeo to :D

I like the idea of not following Smogons rules and making our own set of banneds etc.
Maybe this could even be a discussion we record from skype voice chats and put on Youtube :D
If new people watching hear about the custom banned list they might be interested in using those rules and join a community of people who use them to instead of, "that's not smogon! blarg blarg blarg!"

Maybe we could even have it so we can use 0ne double item on your team. Mostly because every pokemon
I pick wants you to use leftovers on it... I'd even have to say keep Sand Veil legal, apparently it's banned worthy?
but I've used a Sand Veil pokemon before and that increased evasion does NOOOTHING lol xD Everything hits you :p

well anyway! I guess this would be Site Banned list? Just change some things up? Make more pokemon legal!
Is that the right option I'm going for or? EDit: yes
cool.gif

Last edited:

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
Honestly I just want Jirachi to be legal as you've all probably heard me say xD
It's my favorite pokemon and all and there are other pokemon out there that are way more annoying!

I could write a rant type thingy going on about why Jirachi should be legal here and give examples! haha
Also I want to use Jirachi for my gym because there aren't many good physical attacking psychic types out there
and Jirachi isn't a very good option for my ubers spot because it's not very... ubers xD better options out there!

hmmm maybe keldeo to :D

I like the idea of not following Smogons rules and making our own set of banneds etc.
Maybe this could even be a discussion we record from skype voice chats and put on Youtube :D
If new people watching hear about the custom banned list they might be interested in using those rules and join a community of people who use them to instead, that's not smogon! blarg blarg blarg!

Maybe we could even have it so we can use 0ne double item on your team. Mostly because every pokemon
I pick wants you to use leftovers on it... I'd even have to say keep Sand Veil legal, apparently it's banned worthy?
but I've used a Sand Veil pokemon before and that increased evasion does NOOOTHING lol xD Everything hits you :p

well anyway! I guess this would be Site Banned list? Just change some things up? Make more pokemon legal!
Is that the right option I'm going for or?
When we make a voting list I don't think we'll ban Jirachi, it's only base 600 and doesn't have a game breaking ability or moves :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
When we make a voting list I don't think we'll ban Jirachi, it's only base 600 and doesn't have a game breaking ability or moves :)
It's only game-haxing! Less dangerous, more annoying...

Rommulox

Pokémon Master
Team Elite
Trusted Seller
Credits
I think having our own ban list would be nice because we get to differentiate ourselves from Smogon and the other competitive sites. Although there is also the problem that some people might get confused and end up using banned pokes because they're not used to the list yet, but the people that stay will adapt. I guess it's one of those things that has pros and cons. :)

P.S. Keldeo is so adorable. <3

Cheza

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Team Elite
Will Not Fall
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Smaug
Journalist
Credits

Gasp yes Mynor understands! Voting for site banned list! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.