• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New to the competitive scene

DudeGuy676

Youngster Joey
Credits
I've recently gotten interested and competitive battling of pokemon as it seems quite fun. I do have a basic understanding of natures, IVs, EVs, breeding, movesets, ect. but I know next to nothing about the metagame. I hope to learn more about the game and practice my breeding and battling skills. So, what is there to do here?

Jesus Valadez

Youngster Joey
Credits
You and me are both on the same train xD! i also recentantly started to develope an interest in competitive battling however i learned fairly quickly that its not as easy as videos and other players make it appear and from experiance ive learned that it takes a long time to get the knowledge you need to compete truely at the top level and as well as patience since it takes more than just copying someones pokemon stats to win you also need an understanding I just started trying to be competitive about a few weeks ago and to this day i am no were near to even having my first truely competitive pokemon xD!

Apera

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would check out pokemonshowdown.com you can whip up a team and test it out very easily and find out what other people are using. The only way to really know whats going on with the metagame atm is to do a lot of battles :)

ericashes

Staff member
Mod
Will Not Fall
Journalist
Dex Contributor
Credits
sounds good! dont forget to enter the tornument sunday

testing