• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Trophies and Custom Titles!

New Trophies and Custom Titles!

By Mynor1
Published 
See that Youngster Joey icon next to your name? You can change it.
Trophies are something that have been on the site for a while now but there was no proper explanation to what they actually do. By accumulating enough trophy points, the title next to your name will change. No one can change their title any other way (at the moment). What we'd like to do is not only add more trophies for people to receive but also make the trophies worth getting by giving cooler custom titles that may be harder to get. Make yourself known in a way no one else can be known as. We'd like to hear your suggestions for new trophies and custom titles. Write them down below and every month we will have a poll to add new trophies and titles to give people something more to do on the site. Thank you!

-Mynor

Niqyue

Fire Starter
Credits
Super Saiyan should be a title :p

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
@Niqyue @Deadsouls what would the minimum trophy point be to obtain these? :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
We should have one called Ash Ketchum for the title after youngster Joey

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
Since we were just talking about earning something for being active in Shoutbox, maybe there should be some kind of counter for how many messages you post, or how often you view shoutbox. This would give people like me, who don't actively buy/sell/trade Pokemon, but ARE active members of the site, something to earn and achieve. :)

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
Since we were just talking about earning something for being active in Shoutbox, maybe there should be some kind of counter for how many messages you post, or how often you view shoutbox. This would give people like me, who don't actively buy/sell/trade Pokemon, but ARE active members of the site, something to earn and achieve. :)
I think @Gold 2.0 is still youngster Joey because of this. He is one of the most Active members! Same with @Argue!

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
At the moment we do have the system implemented for how many messages, likes, and other things you have done on the site but was not really being pushed until now :) If you check your profile you can see you have an amount of trophies and I'd like to grow that and give people a reason to come back every month to get trophies so that's why I'm pushing this :) It isn't hard to add more but I'd like the communities thoughts before we do anything like that :)

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits

I meant by counter, that maybe if you got to like, 1000 messages, you'd earn some kind of title/trophy. :p Not just a number displayed somewhere.

Jiggly

Pokémon Master
Donor
Credits
At the moment we do have the system implemented for how many messages, likes, and other things you have done on the site but was not really being pushed until now :) If you check your profile you can see you have an amount of trophies and I'd like to grow that and give people a reason to come back every month to get trophies so that's why I'm pushing this :) It isn't hard to add more but I'd like the communities thoughts before we do anything like that :)
Yay Democracy!

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
you know what would be an awesome title! The Oncoming Storm @sebesmos what you think?
That does in fact sound sick, I'll make a poll of all suggestions and the top three will be added as well as new trophies. Every month we'll add more so if your suggestion doesn't win you always have next month to be voted for. I am definitely voting for that though :p

sebesmos

Meme Queen
Staff member
Mod
Trusted Seller
Donor
Friendzilla
Journalist
Credits
I'm not sure where else to post this since it's not really a trophy/title idea, but it does go along with the idea of ways to make the site better and perhaps more attractive to outside users.

Coming from someone who has not been into competitive battling, it can be somewhat intimidating to battle the rest of the site. It'd be cool if there was a feature/grouping system that would allow for users to have a sort of "recommended challengers" type of thing. Maybe have a profile feature be battle competence (how well someone feels they can battle), and then go from there by helping match people with a higher skill level with those of the same level? I think it'd be nice for the people who come to this website looking for shinies and end up getting interested in battling (like me) and have too much pride to admit they don't know what they're doing. :D

Mynor1

Hot Stuff
Staff member
Admin
Credits
I'm not sure where else to post this since it's not really a trophy/title idea, but it does go along with the idea of ways to make the site better and perhaps more attractive to outside users.

Coming from someone who has not been into competitive battling, it can be somewhat intimidating to battle the rest of the site. It'd be cool if there was a feature/grouping system that would allow for users to have a sort of "recommended challengers" type of thing. Maybe have a profile feature be battle competence (how well someone feels they can battle), and then go from there by helping match people with a higher skill level with those of the same level? I think it'd be nice for the people who come to this website looking for shinies and end up getting interested in battling (like me) and have too much pride to admit they don't know what they're doing. :D
Can't say anything on this now, but just take it as your suggestion being written down :)

testing