• IMPORTANT: The Buy/Sell forums are now for reference only; all shops are closed here. Please visit the new Marketplace for active buying and selling. Old sellers can access their previous shop links in these forums for setting up new shops in the Marketplace.

New Type?

Fenrirtc

Youngster Joey
Credits
If they were to add a new type of pokemon into the new game, what type would you want to see, and what would it be strong weak against?

Here's mine.

Type: Cosmos

Strong against: dark/psychic/fairy

weak against: Ground and dragon

notsoclutch

Rare Breed
Donor
Let It Reign
Battler
Credits
It's unlikely that sun and moon will introduce yet another type after just introducing us to fairy in gen 6. If I had to make a type though, I guess it would be the light type.

Weaknesses: Poison, Grass, Normal
Resistances: Dark, Fairy, Ghost
Strong Against: Dark, Fairy, Ghost, Bug
Resisted By: Poison, Grass, Rock

Dace

Calculator Brain
Will Not Fall
Donor
Credits
Sound type would be pretty sweet. I cba to think about the resists and weaknesses at the moment, but Sound typing would already have quite a few mons in it, such as Exploud (Normal/Sound), Jigglypuff (Fairy/Sound), Noivern (could switch to Flying/Sound), Meloetta (Normal/Sound) and so on. Could easily make a boombox Rotom out of it aswell.

Example:

there_could_be_a_lot_of_sound_pokemon_by_fakifaky-d4jvwzm.jpg

Last edited:

QuicksilverFoxx

Youngster Joey
Credits
Beast type could shake things up a bit. They could steal some existing moves like Fury Swipes and Bite and a bunch of existing Pokemon like the Legendary Beasts (Entei fire/beast)

It could have weaknesses to Normal, Bug and Poison moves to even the playing field a little.

Last edited:

~Kawaii_Pikachu~

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
Well, if you ask me, it's unlikely that Nintendo's gonna introduce another type to counter Fairy. Besides, they just introduced Fairy to counter Dragon.

Here's mine: Justice type

Weakness: Dragon, Ice, Fire
Counter: Dragon, Fairy, Water, Grass
Resisted by: Steel, Psychic

QuicksilverFoxx

Youngster Joey
Credits
Perhaps this is a bit of a tangent but I'd be interested to see some Pokemon have "hidden type"s that have half effectiveness. For example, Ninetales could be Fire type with partial Ghost typing so it would get half ghost type effectiveness and Charizard X could be Fire/Dragon(/Flying)

Element Of Smash

Unslaad Krongrah
Donor
Credits
Perhaps this is a bit of a tangent but I'd be interested to see some Pokemon have "hidden type"s that have half effectiveness. For example, Ninetales could be Fire type with partial Ghost typing so it would get half ghost type effectiveness and Charizard X could be Fire/Dragon(/Flying)
Well, this would def make things like genning more complicated. Also, type matchups would be hellish.
And they'd either have to find a new set of bits to tie to, or just wrap it up in Hidden Powers typing. So HP is always halfSTAB? Seems pretty broken. They could tie it to your ID or SID, but then everything you caught would have that typing. Oh you have Flying typing? Your Heatran and Aegislash is amazing! Oh, but your Amoongus and Cresselia are worthless.

I dunno, this would be difficult to pull of, and would completely wreck any balance the current system has. It's a nifty idea, though.

starnova

Youngster Joey
Credits
I would want to see something like a mythical type that could applied to thinks that don't exist like dragons, unicorns, and ghosts.
Weaknesses: psychic, fairy
Super effective against: psychic, dark
Not very effective against: ghost, fairy
It's both weak to and good against psychic because it can be destroyed by not thinking about it, but on the contrast, thinking about it gives it its power. Feel free to suggest any more weaknesses/advantages!

Kitgurl66

Pokémon Trainer
Credits
If there was to be a new type, I would like one that is better than the Fairy type

testing